PDA

View Full Version : VT3 Musings

RayLarson
10-31-2003, 07:41 AM
Been working with T3 for about a week now and as a seasoned T2 user I have some thoughts.

What happened to the ability to use any T3 module individually?

AVI wrapper works in Premiere but that software has to render it so I would be better off just rendering as an avi in T3 and importing.

Print to Tape (DV) can we get it activated?? That is the only reason I use Premiere 6.0

Desktop seems slower and I have been having some crashes. Never had any in T2.

Would like to be able to use my Main Concept Codec. I paid for it and now I am forced to use an older version.

All in all, lots of improvements but I find the control tree more cumbersome to use that "edit properties" in T2

Audi seems better but the ability to see levels accurately would be helpful. Also a button on the interface to generate a tone for setting inputs correctly.

That's my .02 and worth every penny

robewil
10-31-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by RayLarson
AVI wrapper works in Premiere but that software has to render it so I would be better off just rendering as an avi in T3 and importing
My experience has been that Premiere renders much cleaner avi files than VT-Edit. I had brought this issue up to Andrew during the beta testing days and it was explained to me that Premiere does some optimizations in its rendered avi files that VT-Edit does not. So there is a reason to use Premiere in this situation.

UnCommonGrafx
10-31-2003, 11:38 AM
Don't understand the individually part...

Reinstall your mainconcept codec and it will work. I didn't have to but it sounds like you might have to.

I use the control tree AND the edit properties at the same time. Don't you? ;) Or do you mean the panel layout ON the VT2 style edit properties panel? I believe it's the latter. I bet you could find the vt2 skin for that and replace the vt3 one. :cool: It's all changeable.

I am finding the control tree a treat to play with. Lw had a hand in that. :D The edit panel is much more direct when I KNOW what I want. It's the "do it a thousand ways" NewTek-ian paradigm we've all come to love. :whooptyDO,animatedpumpingfistlittleyellowguy:

Give it a few more weeks. ;)