PDA

View Full Version : TC 40 handle

Wink
10-25-2012, 04:11 PM
Please, PLEASE put a handle on the TC 40. Lugging a $5K box under your arm is very precarious, at best.

ZachSchuster
10-25-2012, 06:16 PM
Duffle bag with padding? Actually, visit cyberguys.com. I don't know if they still them, or if you can get it in a size for the TC40, but they used to have "harnesses" that you could strap around a desktop PC and carry with a handle.

ZachSchuster
10-25-2012, 06:20 PM
http://www.cyberguys.com/product-details/?productid=3863

Do a search for 'carry handle' to get some other options. I don't know what the smallest sized chassis these will fit around.

Wink
10-25-2012, 06:28 PM
Yeah, I've seen those strap gizmos, but I'm asking for a real handle on the top of the TC.

Tim H.
10-26-2012, 12:54 PM
This post could be taken seriously or as a joke. Accept it as you will...

If you are not afraid of making some minor modifications, a trip to the local hardware store to get a standard kitchen/bathroom handle would solve this problem. With a couple large washers on the inside, it should work rather well.

As an added benefit, you would even get the choice of handle type...modern, contemporary, Victorian, etc. :)

Sincerely,

Tim Hedegaard
Virtualsets.com, Inc.
NewTek Authorized Reseller
Customized LiveSets for HD-series TriCasters

www.virtualsets.com
[email protected]

(323) 512-1542 voice

Wink
10-26-2012, 01:21 PM
Tim, I agree with you that that could solve the problem. I actually did something similiar with my original TC, but I seriously think NT should address this issue. I certainly wouldn't want my customers opening up their TC to make a modification, but I could totally understand it.