PDA

View Full Version : LightWave Prefs

kiwi dave
10-31-2003, 07:11 AM
I am using LightWave on a G4 dual 1.25ghz processors and my modeller was crashing my machine every time I opened it.

I dumped the prefs and everything is now working fine, except for one thing.

Half of the options in modeller have now vanished! I'm not crashing, but then again I can't do things like align as there is no button there anymore.

Anyone out there now how to fix this besides a new install?

Cheers

Dave

designvs
10-31-2003, 07:17 AM
Press "o" and make sure the content directory is pointing to the right place. Also you will have to re-import the plugins. The easiest way is to add the entire plugins folder at once. After you do that, you should see the buttons that are missing will be back. Also, it's a good idea to keep a backup of your preferred layout.

kiwi dave
10-31-2003, 07:27 AM
How do you go about adding all of the plugins at once?

designvs
10-31-2003, 07:33 AM
Go to "Modeler" which is directly below "File" on the top left corner of the modeler interface > "plugins" > "edit plugins" > "scan directory"> and then just point it to the folder that contains all your Lightwave plugins which is usually inside the "Lighwave" folder in "Applications" on your hard drive. Once you open the "Lightwave" folder, you will see the "Plugins" folder. This is the folder you want to select. Also, by default, Lighwave installs "Legacy plugins" in the "Lighwave" folder also. I like to put that "Legacy plugins" folder into the "Plugins" folder so I only have to scan one folder to get all the plugins at once.

mlinde
10-31-2003, 09:23 AM
Don't forget to follow the same procedure for the LScript directory, since a number of features in LW are also LScripts.