PDA

View Full Version : Bullet Dynamics isn't working on bridge scene

THREEL
10-23-2012, 04:41 PM
I posed this question in another post about registering the Trial version of LW 11, but no one has answered it. In the trial content, there is a bridge scene that has fractured objects and block array objects. Since it is in the Bullet Dynamics area, one would figure that it was set up to "explode", especially with the missile that's a part of the scene. The problem is that nothing happens when I play the scene. So, the question is, are there any MDD files, or dynamic files that I need to make it work, or is my computer not beefy enough to set the dynamics into motion? BTW~The scene doesn't even try to simulate dynamics. Thanks for your help!

THREEL
10-23-2012, 11:19 PM
Is there an answer out there for this? Normally, by now, I would've had 2, or 3 answers by now. I'm from the old v 8.5 days, and I know things have changed dramatically since then. I know you usually had to reload MDD files everytime you reloaded a scene. I've seen folders for both MDD files and something called dynacache. Just windering how it works in version 11.

dwburman
10-23-2012, 11:28 PM
I haven't looked at the scene, but you shouldn't need to load anything to get it to work.

On the FX tools tab, make sure 'Enable Dynamics' is on then put the time indicator at the end of the timeline or make a preview. There is no calculate button for bullet, it does it automatically.

Bullet generates a separate cache file that isn't the same as mdd, but I think you can scan the animation after bullet has done it's calculation if you want an mdd. I know that's what you're asking. :)

Here's my quick demo of a super simple bullet workflow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKeo1rpSQUc

It'd probably would've been half as long if I wasn't trying to think on my feet. :)

1) Add a ground plane via Modeler Tools>Create>Geometry>Ground Plane
2) Add a box via Modeler Tools>Create>Geometry>Cube
3) Move the box up
4) With the box selected: Click on FX Tools>Dynamic Body>Rigid Body (you'd use parts body if your object had separate parts you wanted it to break into)
5) Select the ground plane and click on FX Tools>Collision Body>Static Body (Kinematic is used for things that are animated like a bowling ball)
6) Press play

THREEL
10-24-2012, 02:59 AM
Come to find out Dynamics was not turned on. I could have sworn that I checked to see if it was. I didn't seem to need to turn it on in the other trial scenes that deal with Dynamics. Thanks for your help!