PDA

View Full Version : Scaling including motion paths

raw-m
10-22-2012, 08:52 AM
I need to scale a scene down as it needs to be synced to AE and currently it's too large. I had hoped that creating a null, parenting everything to it and scaling down would be enough but the scaling doesn't seem to include the motion path, i.e. before scaling, a null runs 700m along the Z, it still runs 700m along the Z when scaled down but has scaled down proportionately with everything else at that point in time.

Anyone come across this and found a solution?

nickdigital
10-22-2012, 08:56 AM
The distance it's traveling is relative to its local space. You could bake the motion out so it's based on world space.

Or scale your values in the graph editor.

RebelHill
10-22-2012, 09:05 AM
Yup... space is hierarchical, including scaling... just like any item who's parent is scaled up/down the end items scale is still 1.

You will either need to setup items outside of the scaled space, and constrain them to markers inside the scaled space, or use one of the output world co-ord plugs and then bake world vals, and unparent out of the space.

raw-m
10-22-2012, 11:39 AM
Thanks guys, it'll be easier for me to re-work the scene for now. Glad I tested early as I thought it might be an issue! Will test out the baking when I get a sec.

raw-m
10-22-2012, 11:54 AM
Incase anyone else that may run into this, I've found in the GE, Keys/Numeric Scale is very handy!