PDA

View Full Version : VPR and Worley's G2

Snosrap
10-19-2012, 03:51 PM
After months of dealing with constant crashes when using VPR our IT guy finally found the fix. (Miracles never cease.:)) Basically with my particular box and graphics card setup G2 is not compatible with VPR. He had me delete the g2_64.p from my system and I'm now rock solid when using VPR. The only downside now is when loading old scenes with G2 attached to objects I get the annoying request to load G2. Otherwise it's VPR awesome goodness! VPR even works with the "Old" Shaders in the Surface Editor! WOW!

rcallicotte
10-20-2012, 05:15 AM
Good to hear you've got it running.

jwiede
10-21-2012, 03:17 AM
That's not so surprising, given how extensively G2 hooks into LW's surfacing and renderer. Truly a shame, though, as G2 has some very nice stuff in it. It's one of my most-missed plugins at this point, keep hoping Worley can make time to get it working on Cocoa LW (ideally 11.x & 64-bit).

Sensei
10-21-2012, 07:06 AM
After months of dealing with constant crashes when using VPR our IT guy finally found the fix. (Miracles never cease.:)) Basically with my particular box and graphics card setup G2 is not compatible with VPR. He had me delete the g2_64.p from my system and I'm now rock solid when using VPR. The only downside now is when loading old scenes with G2 attached to objects I get the annoying request to load G2. Otherwise it's VPR awesome goodness! VPR even works with the "Old" Shaders in the Surface Editor! WOW!

Try disabling G2 Master plugin instead.

It should be analyzing scene. But too many globals and structures changed in LWSDK.

Snosrap
10-21-2012, 08:27 PM
If I find myself needing G2 in the near future I'll keep that in mind. - Thanks-