PDA

View Full Version : What's the Video system specifications in Europe/France?

silviotoledo
10-19-2012, 06:07 AM
I need doing a video to show at France. What's the specifications I must do?

NTSC? SECAM? PAL? 25 fps? 24 fps?

Silvio Toledo

Titus
10-19-2012, 08:39 AM
PAL, 25 fps.

zardoz
10-19-2012, 08:48 AM
well we use pal 25fps but today everything we do is in 1080p or 720p. I don't even remember when was the last time we did anything in pal 720x576

Weetos
10-19-2012, 10:20 AM
Are you guys sure France is using PAL ? I thought that was SECAM ?

Not sure that matters that much, though, as most devices are compatible with both standards.

Cryonic
10-19-2012, 05:03 PM
is it still PAL for digital broadcasts? I thought PAL/NTSC were the analog format specifications for TV.

nikfaulkner
10-20-2012, 05:03 AM
PAL/NTSC are still the broadcast formats as far as i'm concerned.
although in the age of hi-def the terms are often just used in reference to framerate

Areyos Alektor
10-20-2012, 06:38 AM
Secam was the French standard. But this is no longer the case since the beginning of the DVD. It's the European standard, so the PAL, which is used. The framerate is 25 frames per second. Knowing that for television it's either 720 p or 1080i which is used today. The 1080P is more often for a show. If it's in a projection room it can be 4 k, but it's often of the 2 K.

Paul24
10-21-2012, 01:13 PM
I need doing a video to show at France. What's the specifications I must do?

NTSC? SECAM? PAL? 25 fps? 24 fps?

Silvio Toledo

The world is one step closer to all-digital over-the-air broadcasting. On Nov. 29, 2011, terrestrial SECAM (or Sequential Color with Memory) broadcasts in France were shut down for the last time, ending a 44-year reign. The analog color TV format was the first standard used in France in 1967.
Going digital brings a lot of advantages in terms of someday developing a worldwide broadcast standard that would be fully compatible from country to country. In November, television engineers and technology executives from 13 broadcast organizations located around the world — including Brazil, Canada, China, Europe, Japan and the U.S. — met to set aside their techno-political differences and began working on a global strategy in an effort to define the requirements of future terrestrial broadcast systems.

“Increasingly, target DTV receiving devices are mobile and handheld, such as phones, laptops and tablets,” said Mark Richer, president of the Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) and co-chairman of the Future of Broadcast TV (FoBTV) Summit in Shanghai, China, adding that a global approach to the future of terrestrial TV broadcasting would help avoid competing standards, overlap, and inefficient deployment of new services. “These devices should work everywhere, regardless of borders.”

silviotoledo
10-23-2012, 06:19 PM
Thanks guys!