PDA

View Full Version : Background Image as template for Model

flathd
10-30-2003, 07:24 PM
Is it possible (and how) to put an image in the background of Modeler to use as a "template" when model building? I have a complicated logo and need to model elements to their exact dimension and position.

I tried to use "Backdrop", but the image does not appear in the Viewport. What am I doing wrong?

This was fairly straightforward and simple in Infini-D. LW must have similar capabilities...

Thanks for any assistance.

NigelH
10-30-2003, 08:15 PM
Under the 'Viewports' tab in the Display Options dialog box. Do you have 'Show Backdrop' checked?

flathd
10-30-2003, 10:22 PM
Got it, thanks. It took a little navigating around and getting the settings just right. Now it's an issue of adjusting sizes between the template image and EPS imports from the same file. There's quite a difference in sizes although the source is the same.

This one's a little more challenging trying to figure out why the variance. One would think that bringing in a flattened image as the template, and importing elements (converted to EPS) from the same original Illustrator file, would keep everything scaled the same. I'm adjusting the scale of the EPS imports to fit the template before extruding them, but I suspect I'm making this harder than it needs to be.