PDA

View Full Version : Sticky and parenting surfaces to lights

vector
10-18-2012, 08:25 AM
Hi

I would need to apply a light to a surface twice (two lights, two different surfaces). I use sticky surface to get it but it's limited to only one surface, one light... is possible to parent others lights to others surfaces in the same scene?

daforum
10-18-2012, 08:31 AM
You could use Follower? That might work...
...or make a copy of the object, give it another surface name and make it 100% transparent.
Then in Layout use sticky for the second light, choose the transparent object surface name and it will appear to be sticking to the non-transparent surface object.

Might work...?

RebelHill
10-18-2012, 10:21 AM
sticky, and sticky surface apply to objects... NOT surfaces. Add sticky surface to a mesh, add sticky to other items, they'll all stick to the mesh.

jwiede
10-18-2012, 07:04 PM
sticky, and sticky surface apply to objects... NOT surfaces. Add sticky surface to a mesh, add sticky to other items, they'll all stick to the mesh.
I think he's looking to use sticky to attach two lights to _different_ meshes (iow, each mesh has its own sticky surface, with a single sticky light attached to each).

vector
10-18-2012, 11:17 PM
Sure. Must improve my english... what I have is a character taking an object in his hand. The character and that object load mdd files to be animated, so the meshes move but the lights don't follow those movements. What I need is the lights follow those objects if possible.

Thanks

Vector

RebelHill
10-19-2012, 02:01 AM
So you want a mesh constraint... parent something to mesh verts.

Simples. Nodal motion, DPpointInfo node, lookup the point index in modeler, enter that as the point, Wpos/rot to destination pos/rot.

vector
10-19-2012, 03:26 AM
Absolutely amazing!

erikals
01-27-2013, 09:19 AM
might have found a bug on that one...? www.youtube.com/watch?v=x02J4tNo_4g#t=1m55s