PDA

View Full Version : LW10.1 GUI problem

pnevai
10-17-2012, 03:08 PM
Posting this to see if anyone has had this issue and found a solution.

Installation is on a Dell XPS with Nvidia graphics 1920 X1080 screen resolution.

When I open either Modeler and Layout and there are multiple tabs to select and or parameter input boxes to fill in. The GUI ahows fields seemingly over wrtiitng other fields, the parameter name or tab names display only partially. THe tabs are all all squashed together and show only maybe the first two letters in the description the rest buried under the other available tabs. Also seems like perhaps the fonts in the gui are not scaleing properly as the funtion or option tab will show only the first letter or partial work and the rest are hidden under the available dialog window.

In the multi tab situation I have to open each tab to see what the function of that GUI tab is and sometimes even that does not help. While I have been dealing with this it really is a pain in the A**. LW 9.5 running on the same machine does not have this GUI display jumbling issue.

Any suggestions?

BeeVee
10-18-2012, 06:38 AM
It's because you have your font settings for Windows set to 125% or higher. Go into your Control Panel and just type "font" and you will get display preferences, which looks like this:

LightWave needs it set to 100%.

B

dwburman
10-20-2012, 11:11 AM
I think someone found a fix that involves setting some compatibility mode for the layout.exe file. I think you need win 7 Professional with its XP compatibility functions, though because I don't have the option in my version of Win7.