PDA

View Full Version : First timer with rss/xml feeds and DataLink/LiveText

m4a2000
10-17-2012, 08:56 AM
So I finally got LiveText at my job and I'm ready to connect it to my old VT5.3 system, but before I do that I want to test some stuff with DataLink. So I've looked around and I found a RSS feed from WeatherBug, link here (http://feeds.weatherbug.com/rss.aspx?zipcode=98367&feed=currtxt&zcode=z4641), went into DataLink and used the 'Network' setting (refresh 60, block size 4096, timeout 6000), did all my saves and update, went to LiveText and got nothing.

To my understanding, if DataLink can connect to the RSS feed, LiveText should be able to generate text selections by right click the canvas with the text tool. Am I missing a step or five?

JonRaidel
10-23-2012, 12:15 PM
I put in the same setting a you do. I get results After i apply and update the profile settings in datalink. ex. I name my twitter rss feed "twit test". if you select that profile and select network data source. and click update, in your 'live settings' section of datalink should say

Connection: twit test
Types: network

I then start livetext as Ive only ever had results having to reset the program for the new settings to take effect

m4a2000
10-23-2012, 04:46 PM
I'm still not getting anything.

VideoEng QA
10-24-2012, 11:16 AM
I'd like to offer some assistance with LiveText, DataLink, and RSS feeds.
Please send an email HERE ([email protected]) and I will be able to assist you.

Thank you,
Jeremy Brosius