PDA

View Full Version : Layout Modeler Tools: Sphere: center is buggy

jeric_synergy
10-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Is it just me, or does GENERATE SPHERE not use the definition of "Center" as most of us would?

lertola2
10-11-2012, 10:18 PM
Yes that is a bit weird.

Hail
10-12-2012, 05:29 AM
weird indeed! :(

jeric_synergy
10-12-2012, 12:01 PM
To tell you the truth, I find this more convenient generally, but it certainly is WRONG.

Fogged.
(Open) Layout modeler tools: SPHERE center not working properly

cagey5
10-12-2012, 01:07 PM
I don't see any difference between cube centre and sphere centre. They're both off, if the intention is for the centre of the object to be at the designated point.

cagey5
10-12-2012, 01:10 PM
Whilst we're pointing out oddities, I've never liked the fact that in Modeler all the standard object creation tools draw out from a central point whereas the cube draws from a corner point. I'd much rather that it followed the convention, or at least offered the option to draw from a centre point.

jeric_synergy
10-12-2012, 01:24 PM
I'd much rather that it followed the convention, or at least offered the option to draw from a centre point.
Both of these points: conventions should be followed, AND it's frackin' annoying not having options.

In case the devs have trouble imagining WHY, let them try draw out a marquee in Photoshop that has to originate from a center point. It's the same problem in reverse, and it's very annoying.

Also, the reverse case in Modeler: when you WANT to draw a circle or sphere from THE CORNER of the bbox instead of the center.

...how many years is it now? It's ridiculous. What's the other one? Cones always point UP?? :tongue:

More low-hanging fruit, NewTek: I hope you're keeping a list.

jwiede
10-12-2012, 02:01 PM
Whilst we're pointing out oddities, I've never liked the fact that in Modeler all the standard object creation tools draw out from a central point whereas the cube draws from a corner point. I'd much rather that it followed the convention, or at least offered the option to draw from a centre point.
Absolutely! All should behave the same by initial default, and offer a setting for "creation modes" (remembering user's choices).

jeric_synergy
10-12-2012, 03:43 PM
Absolutely! All should behave the same by initial default, and offer a setting for "creation modes" (remembering user's choices).
For this particular issue, I think a hotkey/stickykey is the way to go. Unfortunately, ALT and CTRL are already assigned.