PDA

View Full Version : Baking Radiosity from Multiple Cameras

tcoursey
10-10-2012, 12:14 PM
So we typically get all our cameras setup in a scene then bake our radiosity. We use interpolated as it gives us a "good enough" solution with much less time.

My question is whether there is a technique or plugin maybe that will help speed this process up. Instead of going to each camera manually and pressing bake scene (we usually choose about 30-50 frames auto advance) and waiting until that camera is complete and then going to the next. I was hoping there would be a way to script this process somehow. going from each camera in the scene and baking automatically.

That way this process could be completed without human interaction.

The "hard" way would be to put the keys of each camera on one camera and instead of having a camera length of say 150-200 frames, if you had 5 cameras you would have 750-1000 frames on the ONE camera to bake.

Any thoughts?

Boris Goreta
10-11-2012, 02:21 AM
Similary you can use camera selector master plugin which changes current camera during time. This way you don't have to copy the motion from all cameras to single camera. You just have to shift the keys for all cameras by the length of the sequence multiplied by the camera order number. It is not perfect but it is cleaner because there is no keyframe copying involved.

RebelHill
10-11-2012, 02:28 AM
Baking gets faster and faster as more samples are collected. So if you set it on one camera and bake the whole length... you won't be waiting and waiting, as each frame will only generate/calculate the extra samples not already gathered... very quick. Check the radiosity bake/render guide on my YT channel (in sig) for an overview of all such things.

Netvudu
10-11-2012, 10:14 AM
also remember you can "render queue" your radiosity baking if you need it for several scenes