PDA

View Full Version : 3D Connexion Space Pilot

alexoctagon2009
10-10-2012, 05:17 AM
Hi
I've just bought one of these very flashy bits of kit and although I can get the actual control knob to work OK in conjunction with LW's Nav tab, I cant seem to get the buttons on the device to work so that I can assign LW keys to them.

The problem seems to be that the 3DConnexion utility program for configuring the keys/movement (which should recognise when you switch between programs) doesn't seem to recognise that Lightwave is open at all. Whereas if I open Photoshop, the utility recognises it, and happily switches the devices preferences to Photoshop ones.

Does anyone else have a 3DConnexion device that they have assigned LW shortcuts to successfully?

Cheers,
Alex

BeeVee
10-11-2012, 08:16 AM
I have a Space Explorer and a Space Navigator for laptops (which only has two buttons). You can't assign buttons directly in LightWave's Nav tab, but you can use those buttons in the Virtual Studio where you can assign them whatever commands you'd like.

B

Thumper_6119
11-23-2012, 03:59 PM
I have a SpacePilot Pro, and I am having the same difficulties as Alex is.

OlaHaldor
11-29-2012, 01:19 PM
Oh boy, here I was thinking about getting a SpaceMouse. So none of the buttons is possible to map out (like Wacom Intuos or similar) ?

OlaHaldor
12-01-2012, 02:23 AM
Went with the SpaceNavigator yesterday. Can't seem to map the two buttons to anything that LW will make use of though. Would be kick *** if I could bring up the mouse menus with those buttons, or a "fit all" command.