PDA

View Full Version : Editing Audio for radio.

pnelson
10-30-2003, 09:40 AM
I'm creating a radio show and would like to use VT3 to edit (Sequence) all of my audio..

I'm having problems with audio formats and getting something that sound good for the radio.

I'm trying Uncompressed WAV 44.1khz... Sounds fine from VT3, but when I convert it for CD, it has TONS O' Pops in the audio..

Any suggestions?

See Ya,

ScorpioProd
10-30-2003, 11:42 PM
Yeah, don't use VT[3] for this...

Seriously, I love my VT[3], but no one would honestly call it an audio powerhouse...

I mean there's no VT-Edit audio controls other than volume and balance. No EQ, compression/limiting, etc.

I would think you could find MUCH better and cheaper programs for an audio only task like this.

Lew
10-31-2003, 06:11 AM
Try SoundFordge, it does a great job, even if it is a Sony product now.
Lew

mgrusin
10-31-2003, 11:58 AM
What steps and software are you using to convert your audio? Seems like 44.1KHz WAV should go straight onto a CD with no problems...

Yeah, sweetening is tough in the Toaster, but for sequencing, I can see the VT being very useful; you can't get much quicker than Storyboard for getting things in the right order.

-MG.

pnelson
11-02-2003, 08:28 PM
I'm so much quicker at cutting and sequencing in VT3... I hate to switch to another program unless I HAVE to...

I ended up cutting the initial segment on a friends Sound Forge/Mark o' the Unicorn system..

Hopefully I can find a happy workflow using VT3 and migrate back for my radio show..

Thanks for the tips, suggeststions and smacks.. ;->

johnq
11-03-2003, 10:48 AM
Clicks and pops in the audio is not normal on my VT3... something is wrong.

John

Dan Hong
11-04-2003, 09:38 AM
I've posted some radio spots on the Toaster. In earlier versions I used to get pops at the very beginning and ending of mp3 files, and some wavs downloaded from the net. I haven't noticed it lately. How are you burning your CDs (what software). I've found strange inconsistencies in different burning methods. I've been using Primo, Record Now and Nero for awhile.

pnelson
11-11-2003, 10:54 PM
I was burning with Nero.

Thanks for your advice.

sywitt
11-19-2003, 09:29 AM
We've done 15-20 radio spots with Ted. Like you, I'm most comfortable with the Tedit interface.

We record at 48K, sweeten any audio that needs it in Sound Forge, edit in Tedit, render the finished project out then open the file in SoundForge where we 'convert bit-rate' down to 44.1 with the something-or-other filter clicked. It works like a charm.

We also use Nero to burn.