PDA

View Full Version : Playback T3 Audio using Soundblaster

wtdedula
10-30-2003, 09:28 AM
Hello All;
I just purchased a T3 for the office and I finished setting it up today. I got the video working and I suspect the audio is working too but I can't figure out how to hear the audio using the Windows Audio system (Ie. playback through the computer).

I am confused about how the T3's audio and the WIndows Audio (Soundblaster) are two separate systems and how we set T3 up, for instance to playback T3 Audio through the computer speakers as well as through the T3's inputs and outputs.

So far, I have the computer set up to use the Soundblaster In and Out and then I have the preferences set to map toaster output to the Windows System. I have checked and double checked all of my audio levels and everything is up full but I can't hear any sound through the computer speakers - both when I capture video and when I play it back using VT-Edit.

I am pretty sure I'll hear audio if I were to connect a dedicated video monitor to T3's output but I don't happen to have one handy so I need to use VT-Vision and the computer's speakers instead.

Can anyone help ?

Tim

Jim_C
10-30-2003, 10:14 AM
Well...

I'll throw a few..
First note, a bad one. T3 doesn't like to play well with other sound cards. Or so some have reported.
the T3 is essentially a sound card in itself.
you may want to try pulling the sound blaster if all else fails.

But first
Plug some speakers into the Audio output of the Toaster. Forget about windows output or soundblaster etc.. for a few.
In sounds and multimedia in control panel, make sure the Toaster is set as the Default device for playback and recording.

you should have sound then.

I'm not even sure if the Toaster can be mapped to play thru the pc out or not.

Keep posting your progress and welcome to the club.

jim

wtdedula
10-30-2003, 05:07 PM
Jim;
Thanks for the tip. Actually ... it worked well. I configured the T3 to be the Audio IN and OUT device and then connected the Speakers to the T3's audio output and it worked like a charm. Now I know how to set up my T3 at home - for a long time I wondered how to get T3 Audio through the Speakers. At home it wasn't as much of a problem, though since I used the Soundblaser for the computer audio and I used a dedicated TV monitor for the Audio Out (And Video Out) from T3. I do have a computer monitor at work too but don't have the space to put it.

Tim

Jim_C
10-30-2003, 05:16 PM
Awesome! Glad it worked.
If the sound blaster is working well with the T3 then go with it.

Another tip is with the speakers hooked to the T3 output, and the T3 chosen in sound preferences, they will always play the T3 audio of course, and Windows. If you want to use the soundblaster or onboard audio for windows sound, leave the speakers plugged into the T3, add a pair to the soundblaster and then set your Audio Output device in Control Panel to the Soundblaster (or onboard).
This won't change the T3 audio, but will shift windows sounds to the soundblaster.

jim