PDA

View Full Version : How to export broken object from bullet lightwave?

skype6
10-06-2012, 07:55 AM
Is it possible to export object that previously crashed with bullet from Layout to Modeler? For example: We have a brick wall that crashed and then we want to export it all in some of the files (OBJ, 3ds, DXF) for further use :stumped:

Cageman
10-06-2012, 08:04 AM
Is it a single object that you have simulated with bullet?

If so, you can use MD Multibaker in Layout->Export options. There you can export an Autodesk GeoCache + an obj.

:)

skype6
10-06-2012, 09:05 AM
Thanks Cageman! I tried, but in this case not working.When I import in the modeler, the object is not broken as I wanted, but intact. Maybe I'm wrong somewhere?

Cageman
10-06-2012, 01:55 PM
Yes... you have to export the Geocache as well, and then apply it as a deformer in Maya or Max. Then you will have the whole animation.

If you are interrested in just having the object being scattered allready, not an animation... you go to the last frame of the simulation in Layoyt, select the object and choose Save Transformed Object. This will save out an .lwo that looks exactly like the endresult in Layout. This object can then be re-saved as an Obj or FBX.

skype6
10-07-2012, 04:03 AM
Many thanks, it helped :thumbsup:! I did not even notice that there are options such as " Save Transformed Object"..