PDA

View Full Version : LW 11 Won't import Daz morphs

jimiclaybrooks
10-05-2012, 09:37 AM
I was following a thread that dealt with importing fbx files from Daz studio 4 into LW 11. The daz site says the morphs need to be "active" in order to be
exported to LWave, but as I've tried to do that, I got nothing, nada, zip! Can someone share the steps that they followed in order to cross over some facial morphs from daz to LW 11? I could do without it, but it would save me a ton of work since I have models that I did, and they need facial morphs as well. thanks

prometheus
10-07-2012, 03:46 AM
I was following a thread that dealt with importing fbx files from Daz studio 4 into LW 11. The daz site says the morphs need to be "active" in order to be
exported to LWave, but as I've tried to do that, I got nothing, nada, zip! Can someone share the steps that they followed in order to cross over some facial morphs from daz to LW 11? I could do without it, but it would save me a ton of work since I have models that I did, and they need facial morphs as well. thanks

Works for me using the fbx 2012 export, make sure to check include morph and animation, use pose settings for the face and try the expression angry, when you set this up make sure you keyframe your sliders correctly
in the daz timeline, so that you test the animation working correctly in there, and also check that all keyframes are set correctly...it should work nicely tested on Lightwave 11.03 32 bit windows 7.
I used the genesis figure to test with.

Michael

prometheus
10-07-2012, 03:50 AM
will post some settings soon..

prometheus
10-07-2012, 04:03 AM
hereīs my settings...

jimiclaybrooks
10-07-2012, 07:34 AM
Thanks Prometheus,
So let me ask you this. Does this mean that you can only import one morph at a time? My thinking was, multiple morphs could be imported from Daz to LW, but apparently not. Its ok if they have to be done one at a time, it still beats having to do it manually for every morph and facial expression. But I'm asking anyway.

prometheus
10-07-2012, 08:51 AM
Thanks Prometheus,
So let me ask you this. Does this mean that you can only import one morph at a time? My thinking was, multiple morphs could be imported from Daz to LW, but apparently not. Its ok if they have to be done one at a time, it still beats having to do it manually for every morph and facial expression. But I'm asking anyway.

No..I donīt think you only can import one morp at the time, I mean I get 17 morphs included in the morph mixer by
only applying expression morphs, and the morph mixer is added automaticly under the deform tab.

jimiclaybrooks
10-07-2012, 09:54 AM
Ok, great. I should ask then. Are u only using the latest Daz model? or are you using the V4 and M4 models as I am. I've not really tried using the Genesis model yet, since I much prefer the LOD that comes with V4 and M4. I've been mostly using the 17k models for my stuff. BTW, what did you mean when you said, "make sure all keyframes are set correctly?" I don't understand.

prometheus
10-07-2012, 10:37 AM
Ok, great. I should ask then. Are u only using the latest Daz model? or are you using the V4 and M4 models as I am. I've not really tried using the Genesis model yet, since I much prefer the LOD that comes with V4 and M4. I've been mostly using the 17k models for my stuff. BTW, what did you mean when you said, "make sure all keyframes are set correctly?" I don't understand.

I have just tested on the genesis figure, havenīt reinstalled michael 4 or victoria yet.

Michael

short223
10-11-2012, 02:26 PM
With non Genesis models (V4 M4 etc) There seems to be only certain morphs that will transfer over. It has been a while since I attempted this but what I remember is that many were not included but there were definitely more than just one.

Afalk
10-12-2012, 07:09 AM
with Gen 4 characters, I have had ZERO luck using DS4, however, DS3 w/teh GameDev kits works like a charm

erikals
10-12-2012, 02:47 PM
haven't used Poser much, but did you guys try the PoserFusion plugin ?