PDA

View Full Version : Glowing edges in render but not VPR

DelendaMaximus
10-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Hi,

I took a curved section, boolean-added a couple of cones, trimmed off the tops and now I get these wierd glowing edges in render but not VPR.

Any ideas as to what I'm not doing or doing wrong? Smoothing (on or off) did not change it.

Thanks,
DM

xchrisx
10-02-2012, 05:02 PM
check to see if you have 2 point polygons in the object in modeler. If so, delete them and your problem should be fixed.

VictoryX
10-02-2012, 11:07 PM
Agreed check your model for two points polys. Always good to merge vertices and unify polys after you are done modeling something. Then delete any two point polys. Clean it up.

jwiede
10-03-2012, 12:11 AM
Agreed with clean-up tips, though I find it a bit odd that the bottom edge of the main section also appears to be glowing/shining -- not quite sure how that'd come from 1-2p polys being present, but I've certainly seen LW do stranger things, so... (shrug)

Skonk
10-03-2012, 01:56 AM
It does look like classic 2-point poly issues.

As other have said deleting them should fix it; incase you don't know how to check for them... in modeller, while in polygon mode hit W to open the polygon statistics panel.

DelendaMaximus
10-03-2012, 09:04 AM
Thanks all,

Yup, 2 points polys it is/was. Thanks for the help.

DM

Sensei
10-03-2012, 09:15 AM
If Render Globals > Render Lines is off, they should not appear too.
But better is to have clean model though.

DelendaMaximus
10-03-2012, 02:14 PM
I was getting scared as I had removed all 1 and 2 point polys and it still showed up in the render. THANK YOU Sensei, Render Lines was on and switching off that finally fixed it. Whew!

Sensei
10-03-2012, 02:21 PM
Removing 1-2 point polygon must be done every time you used Merge Points or Weld, because merging can produce such polygons when 2 or more points were in the same location.

There can be also triangles or quads which are using same point location multiple times, so they won't show up in Statistics as 1-2 point polygons prior using Merge/Weld.. There are even cases when they will never show up after Merge Points, when vertex has some unique vertex map.