PDA

View Full Version : Zbrush 4r4, Lw11.0.03 and GOZ

dblincoe
09-30-2012, 03:03 PM
Hey guys and gals. Having problems with GOZ with LW11.0.3 & ZB4r4. I create a morph in LW and send to zbrush to make my morph, when I send it back to LW instead of showing up as a morph it comes in as a new object. Anyone else have this problem? Using LW in 64bit on an mac.

Thanks for your insights!
Dan

dblincoe
10-02-2012, 12:02 PM
Hello? Anybody?

hrgiger
10-02-2012, 03:03 PM
Sorry I haven't used Zbrush yet for morphs. I will give it a try when I have time later and let you know what I find.

lertola2
10-02-2012, 07:14 PM
Getting goz to work from zbrush to lightwave modeler has been hit or miss for me. At the office the mesh never comes back to modeler. I have added the GoZUpdateMesh plugin to the I/O tab. That button causes modeler to retrieve the last goz mesh. Then you could use it with background to morph to update your mesh.

hrgiger
10-04-2012, 06:18 PM
I tested this out and found no problems.

Did you keep modeler open while you went to Zbrush? Modeler has to be open with the morph selected in the morph map drop down list.

dblincoe
10-05-2012, 09:08 AM
Sorry for the delay. This new forum is wonky. Yes modeler was open the whole time. I know the morph map was selected when going to Zbrush, but not entirely sure it was seleceted when going back. Should have been, unless modeler does some sort of weird unselect during the process. When I sent to zbrush, I'm sure I immediately started working in zbrush. When I sent from zbrush to modeler it appears as a new object, entirely. I will check again and post the results.