PDA

View Full Version : help please - quite urgent :(

Pavlov
09-30-2012, 04:44 AM
hi all,
deadline this evening... i've a simpel scene, i used animated nulls to animate transparencies, with a gradient bitmap.
VPR and F9 renders them OK, F10 totally misses them. Objects pops with no fade.
Like if keys are not seen. Is it a knows bug ?

thanks,
Paolo

stiff paper
09-30-2012, 09:10 AM
I've no idea what your problem is. However...

If F9 really does work where F10 doesn't, then Matt has an lscript on his page called "F9 Render Sequence" that'll render your sequence using F9 instead of F10:
http://www.pixsim.co.uk/

Sekhar
09-30-2012, 09:16 AM
Could you post your scene?

Danner
09-30-2012, 09:54 AM
shadow mapped lights? they render as raytrace in vpr hmm just re read that f9 works fine. hmm.. Matt has a f9 sequence saver if you can't find the issue.

AbstractTech3D
09-30-2012, 05:37 PM
I've found sometimes with complex scenes in which null positions are referenced via item info nodes - feeding into other nodes - that sometimes the positions of the nulls don't get read correctly during F10 render unless at least one of the offending nulls is the currently selected item… Having it currently selected seems to give it more of a priority to update correctly (me thinks! ?)

Sorry - its hard to be more descriptive than that, as my identification and understanding of the problem and my solution don't at all feel complete - and have only noticed it on very complex scenes with a lot of nodal item info null referencing going on. Therefore haven't reported this as a bug - thought there definitely is a bug lurking there.

Obviously my solutions is not a solution for renderfarm scenarios.

Pavlov
09-30-2012, 05:43 PM
Hi,
no nodal in my scene. it's a schematic scene with very little stuff, and some infographics fading thanks to animated transparency. I found the nulls are ignorated by F10, and not by F9 and VPR instead.
Copying animation of the nulls directly into surface's transparency E channels solves the issue, but this is for sure a bug.

Paolo

Pavlov
09-30-2012, 05:44 PM
Hi,
no nodal in my scene. it's a schematic scene with very little stuff, and some infographics fading thanks to animated transparency. I found the nulls are ignorated by F10, and not by F9 and VPR instead.
Copying animation of the nulls directly into surface's transparency E channels solves the issue, but this is for sure a bug.

Paolo