PDA

View Full Version : Cut Copy and Paste buttons missing in LightWave 10 Modeller (64-bit)

bfc796
09-28-2012, 05:08 PM
Hello everyone,

I previously used LightWave 7.0 and found the default Copy / Cut / Paste buttons in the Modeller GUI (underneath the four orthographic projection windows) very useful, but they seem to be missing from the version I'm using and I was wondering if there is any way to customize the interface so that they can be restored. I can make do with accessing these options in the Edit drop-down menu, but it's not as user-friendly that way and a bit cumbersome.

If somebody knows how to add the buttons, I'd be much obliged.

Thanks,

Ben

probiner
09-28-2012, 05:15 PM
I guess you can press Alt+F10 and choose from the presets drop down menu and choose 7.0 Style.
Why not use Ctrl+ C/X/V hotkeys?

Cheers

bfc796
09-29-2012, 04:39 PM
I've started doing exactly what you suggested in the last 24 hours, with the C V X keyboard short-cuts. Thanks for that and the tip about the presets, which I wasn't previously aware of.

Dexter2999
09-29-2012, 04:58 PM
FYI CTL- Z, X, C,and V also perform the same functions in Microsoft Office programs, as well as Adobe PS and Illustrator. Even when using the forums... These shortcuts should be second nature to most PC computer users.

jeric_synergy
09-29-2012, 05:37 PM
Losing the CTRL key is a good thing: it's quite a bit faster without it.

Dexter2999
09-29-2012, 07:26 PM
Losing the CTRL key is a good thing: it's quite a bit faster without it.
I think that has more to do with personal preference. For me using the CTL key is part of my muscle memory because I use these shortcuts so often in all applications. Having to stop and remember that LW doesn't use CTL actually slowed me down as I would have to Undo, then use the proper shortcut.

It was "faster" for me to just change the preference to use CTL.

I still wish I could change LW navigation to work like PS. I find after even just an hour or so of PS use then switching to LW still bites me for the first five min. or so, even after 10 years of use.

jeric_synergy
09-29-2012, 08:08 PM
::sigh:: you know you can have BOTH c+v+x AND Ctrl+C etc? Then it works either way.

probiner
09-29-2012, 11:35 PM
I think that has more to do with personal preference. For me using the CTL key is part of my muscle memory because I use these shortcuts so often in all applications. Having to stop and remember that LW doesn't use CTL actually slowed me down as I would have to Undo, then use the proper shortcut.

It was "faster" for me to just change the preference to use CTL.

I still wish I could change LW navigation to work like PS. I find after even just an hour or so of PS use then switching to LW still bites me for the first five min. or so, even after 10 years of use.

Same thing... I set it up like phothop, both clipboard and undo management. Though latetly CTRL+Y for redo is starting to make more sense, since CTRL+Shift+Z it's a Photoshop thing mostly.

Plus, for safety, I try to leave single letter only hotkeys for to call menus or tools, and leave the other commands that change the model content on activation to composed hotkeyes and, "Ctrl+Shift+Click" Menus. This way I don't have to navigate over the top tabs and I know what I am activating, since the keyboard is very crowded. Matt's plugins (http://www.pixsim.co.uk/lightwave_lscripts.html) are also management time savers for LScripts. I only wish they could filter all commands :)

prometheus
09-30-2012, 05:44 AM
I would suggest learning to customize your own buttons with edit menu, and drag your copy and paste commands to the buttons you create and name in that menu, so you can place them anywhere you want.
ctrl c and ctrl v is mostly the standard shortcuts though, you also have the paste tool so you can add that to your own button menu if you do not like the scroll down edit menu.

Michael

prometheus
09-30-2012, 05:49 AM
I would suggest learning to customize your own buttons with edit menu, and drag your copy and paste commands to the buttons you create and name in that menu, so you can place them anywhere you want.
ctrl c and ctrl v is mostly the standard shortcuts though, you also have the paste tool so you can add that to your own button menu if you do not like the scroll down edit menu.

Michael

Double post, ..this forum has become extremly slow and lagging after the changes that was made..this was the cause of this double post:(
when I submitted the reply..it was standing freezed trying to connect to the forums for minutes which happens a lot nowadays.