PDA

View Full Version : Product Modeling: Kirra by PACSUN

ShadowMystic
09-27-2012, 03:52 PM

Had to use air polys. I found the short coming of Dielectric is (assumedly)the inner and outer must be connected.

Ryan Roye
09-27-2012, 03:55 PM
Slick!

djwaterman
09-30-2012, 12:44 PM
[QUOTE=Had to use air polys. I found the short coming of Dielectric is (assumedly)the inner and outer must be connected.[/QUOTE]

Could you explain that a bit more, I tried dialectric recently and ended up not using it. Do you mean you need to also use air poly for dialectric or you just ended up doing it the old way?

djwaterman
09-30-2012, 12:45 PM
[QUOTE=Had to use air polys. I found the short coming of Dielectric is (assumedly)the inner and outer must be connected.[/QUOTE]

Could you explain that a bit more, I tried dialectric recently and ended up not using it. Do you mean you need to also use air poly for dialectric or you just ended up doing it the old way?

ShadowMystic
09-30-2012, 08:11 PM
Could you explain that a bit more, I tried dielectric recently and ended up not using it. Do you mean you need to also use air poly for dialectric or you just ended up doing it the old way?

Sure. I had to use the old way. I haven't experimented fully with this, but I had a problem with dielectric excluding the inner part of the bottle despite both sets of geo having the same surface. Let me do a test and I'll be right back

I went back I tested simple geometry with the material node and it appears that both objects with and without geometry connecting the inner and outer layers works. This may have been a case of user error or just a good reason to know both ways.

Edit:
I checked my object and tested but, I can't figure it out dielectric works on one and not the other.

zardoz
10-01-2012, 03:39 AM
about this subject I guess you can read these two threads:
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?108996-some-problems-creating-glass-bottle-with-liquid
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?109472-Lightwave-Juice&highlight=