PDA

View Full Version : 850 Extreme DDR hesitates when going to next clip

bantaray
09-27-2012, 08:09 AM
Hello, I am experiencing a hesitation or lag 1-2 seconds when the ddr is going to the next clip during autoplay. This happens when manually selecting the next clip on the interface and the controller, and also when auto play jumps to the next clip. Doesn't happen on every clip.

The footage in the DDR hesitates on both captured footage from the stream 1080 60i, and pre-recorded footage added to the bin before the live show H.264. This happens after a restart as well not just during a live production.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Trying to avoid having to cut a pre-open as we don't have a ton of time before going live for our football broadcast.

SBowie
09-27-2012, 08:27 AM
DDRs do a certain amount of caching, but obviously can't cache every file in a playlist - so sometimes jumping to a clip that is not adjacent to the current one in the playlist will result in a little wait period. However, this doesn't seem to account for all of what you are seeing.

When you say, "captured footage from the stream 1080 60i", I'm not 100% sure what you're referring to. Are you referring to clips captured from streaming output, or perhaps captured during the current session (whether using the "Add to DDR" feature in Record, or manually?