PDA

View Full Version : License agreement for desktop and laptop.

archiea
09-26-2012, 04:47 PM
Hey gang,

I was wondering, with the new dongleless licensing option, if the allowance of machines have changed. Fof example, i believe adobe lets u install a license on 5 machines. I own a desktop, laptop and notebook. Its convenient knowing that i have, say, lightroom available even on the notebook. So if i travel light, immot empty-handed. It makes sense that today's user has at least two machines, the second being a portable. And with cloud computing, you will see more people work remotely or at least in a mobile manner. Other apps address this with some flexability. Im curious as to whats newtek's position on this with lightwave. My intent is to use a single license on each machine as a single user one at a time, not run both similtaneously.

Thanks gang....

archiea
09-26-2012, 04:51 PM
Hey gang,

I was wondering, with the new dongleless licensing option, if the allowance of machines have changed. Fof example, i believe adobe lets u install a license on 5 machines. I own a desktop, laptop and notebook. Its convenient knowing that i have, say, lightroom available even on the notebook. So if i travel light, immot empty-handed. It makes sense that today's user has at least two machines, the second being a portable. And with cloud computing, you will see more people work remotely or at least in a mobile manner. Other apps address this with some flexability. Im curious as to whats newtek's position on this with lightwave. My intent is to use a single license on each machine as a single user one at a time, not run both similtaneously.

Thanks gang....

nickdigital
09-26-2012, 04:54 PM
You should be fine. The issue would be if you had one person on your laptop and another person on your workstation at the same time.

pauland
09-26-2012, 04:54 PM
Has Adobe changed the rules? It used to be install on two machines, both of the same architecture.

Chuck
09-26-2012, 04:58 PM
NewTek's position has always been that the user can install the software on as many machines as they own, as long as they only run and operate one copy at any given time. This is still the position with the new software-based licensing system.

Chuck
09-26-2012, 05:00 PM
I am merging this thread with the identical thread you previously posted.