PDA

View Full Version : Minimum Requirements: Lightwave 11

wlcooper
09-24-2012, 03:28 PM
Will Lightwave 11 work with a laptop without a separate Video Card?
I have an Asus laptop with Intel i5 processor, 6 Gb RAM and 64 bit-Windows 7 Home Edition?
I've tried the Lightwave Demo and it's crashed numerous times when opening Motion Mixer and a few other plug-ins.
Thank you--

BeeVee
09-24-2012, 04:19 PM
Your laptop does have a graphics card otherwise you'd have no display :) The machine is certainly up to LightWave's minimum spec requirements, but try to find out what the graphics chipset is. The way to do so is normally by right-clicking on your Windows desktop and selecting something like "Display Options", "Screen Resolution", "NVidia Control Panel" or similar.

HTH,

B

Areyos Alektor
09-24-2012, 06:00 PM
The problem with Intel systems, it's precisely Intel. They can't achieve effective drivers for their hardware. Avoid Intel graphics chips for LightWave. The PowerVR netbooks are more satisfactory, it said. Against any model from AMD or NVidia was appropriate. What matters is the CPU and RAM. In your case the configuration can work comfortably.

In the Modeler puts on Legacy OPEN-GL. In the Layout tries MultitextureShaders, disables OPEN-GL options. Avoid transparency except with Quadro or Firepro.

Also look on the side of residents in memory, especially antivirus.