PDA

View Full Version : Graph editor 3 questions...

fram
09-24-2012, 04:39 AM
Hello, any help would be VERY appreciated.

1-can i select a range of keyframe and copy they in another channel?
like copy/paste time slice, but with a width range.

2-can i jump from a keyframe to another like i do in the layout with maiusc and arrows?

3-footprints... please explain this. The only use i've found about this is just to keep track of other channels keyframes. There are some power features about?

Thank you.
fram

UnCommonGrafx
09-24-2012, 10:50 AM
Footprints can lessen the need for number 1.
I can't say I've found an answer for #1. You can right-click a channel, and copy-paste it to another channel.
#2 I think so... Yeah, it does.
I always feel the way you state it on number 3. Huh? In the past, it made better sense, maybe?

I'll add to the questions: Time slice - How? Going to read the manual.

jeric_synergy
09-24-2012, 11:19 AM
In the GE, SHIFT+LEFT/RIGHT jumps you to the prev/next keyframe and moves the timeline cursor.

Up/Down changes channels in the Channel Bin.

LEFT/RIGHT changes the selected key without moving the timeline cursor.

++
Since COPY SELECTED KEYS exists, you'd think that PASTE would be easier to find.

You CAN paste keys, but it's VERY cursor dependent: you have to have the MOUSE CURSOR (not the timeline cursor) directly over the channel curve you wish to paste to. It's VERY fussy. It's a PITA IMO, but I can see why: if you had multiple curves selected, relying on the timeline cursor would paste to all the curves simultaneously.

OTOH, it is a PITA. I think an exception rule would be better: "If only one curve is selected, PASTE will operate on that curve at the point the timeline cursor indicates if the mouse isn't over the curve."

This would be especially useful if you've had too much caffeine that morning.

How one uses the menu choice PASTE SELECTED KEYS I don't know, since obviously your mouse is on the menu when you see that selection.

fram
09-24-2012, 11:39 AM
Thanks a lot guys!
I'll check out this tips.

@UnCommonGrafx: copy time slice in in the keys menu, it's very useful but would be great also a "copy time width" !

Great community. :)