PDA

View Full Version : Instances with VPR but Not F9

JBT27
09-21-2012, 01:34 PM
I've been switching some scenes that were using HD Instance to the native instancer, but I'm getting problems with LW instances rendering with VPR, but not with F9, and sometimes not at all. I can switch easily between HDI and DP Instance, but LW's own seems to break easily in this circumstance - sometimes if I do get LW instances to render, the lighting is flat and unlike the correct lighting which HDI gives, or DPI for that matter.

Wasn't there a problem with instances in VPR versus the renderer, but which I thought was fixed?

This is a clean 11.0.2 install, so I don't think it's a config issue - been like this since the new install, and before.

This is a little vague, but right now I'm just trying to get some scenes working and haven't fully looked at when and why not.

Anyone else seeing problems like this?

Thanks.

Julian.

IgnusFast
09-22-2012, 02:10 PM
I've been switching some scenes that were using HD Instance to the native instancer, but I'm getting problems with LW instances rendering with VPR, but not with F9, and sometimes not at all. I can switch easily between HDI and DP Instance, but LW's own seems to break easily in this circumstance - sometimes if I do get LW instances to render, the lighting is flat and unlike the correct lighting which HDI gives, or DPI for that matter.

Wasn't there a problem with instances in VPR versus the renderer, but which I thought was fixed?

This is a clean 11.0.2 install, so I don't think it's a config issue - been like this since the new install, and before.

This is a little vague, but right now I'm just trying to get some scenes working and haven't fully looked at when and why not.

Anyone else seeing problems like this?

Thanks.

Julian.

Is it possible you're using one of the old cameras that doesn't support it? Just spit-balling, since I've not done more than an initial experiment with instances....

JBT27
09-23-2012, 03:43 AM
Thanks - but I'm using the Perspective Camera all the way on these.

I need to get this job out, and then I'll do some deliberate tests with it. Populating a scene with nicely shaded trees with shadows seems a bit hit and miss, using the native instancer, on scenes that had previously been setup with HDI. I don't know - the render quality between HDI and native seems different, and indeed DPI, when I can get native to behave that is.

Julian.