PDA

View Full Version : Alien Head Finish...

cg-freak
10-29-2003, 12:54 PM
Hello there you wavers,

Had some time to finish the alien-head wip wich I posted some time ago. Thought it was finished but then again, nothing is ever finished:D ...

Here some pictures of the progress in my little alien, hope you like em.

Grtzzz...

CG-Freak

cg-freak
10-29-2003, 12:54 PM
Another

cg-freak
10-29-2003, 12:56 PM
Another:(

cg-freak
10-29-2003, 12:57 PM
And the last one for now...;) :D

Cageman
10-29-2003, 02:01 PM
Woho!!! Way to go!!

glassefx
10-29-2003, 02:05 PM
Dang CG,

What is the poly count on that mother?

Is that modeled saliva I am seeing?

Dude, you need to get the hell off that computer for a while and let your brain rest. LOL!

Really great modeling...

If the saliva is modeled (which I am pretty sure it is) sounds so usual to ask this lamer question...

"Did you use a plugin man?" LOL

and if it was what did it do for you in the stream of things?

Beautiful, really!

Modeling ALL of that detail would drive me completely insane, well I am already crazy so it would just push me over the edge.

Nice work...

peace!

renderingfarmer
10-29-2003, 02:19 PM
This is so wonderful. The last image in particular reminds me of those fantastic visualisation sculpts they build for movies before the creatures are actually modeled in the computer.
good work dude.

PaQ
10-29-2003, 07:08 PM
The are a lot of versions here and there, but this one is really amazing.

(I only don't like the gray blue tubes that much, but whatever it's really nice ;))

hrgiger
10-29-2003, 10:10 PM
I like all of them but that first angle/shot is killer. Bravo. It's my new desktop.

starbase1
10-30-2003, 05:23 AM
Neat, smooth, nicely detailed.

A couple of minor suggestions though...

The drool is way over the top for me, I think less would look a lot more beleivable.

I don't think the bluish tubes fit in very well - the colouring is too simple, and does not match the rest well - dirty it up and tone down the saturation.

Nick

cg-freak
10-30-2003, 01:04 PM
Thank you guys for those laudatory :confused: words, I'm very glad you like it!

Glassefx:

Polycount is 37108 in sub-d, saliva is modelled, will attach wire, no plug-ins were used. If I was the lucky owner of a brain I wouldn't have started this in the first place:D :D

Modeling ALL of that detail would drive me completely insane, well I am already crazy so it would just push me over the edge.
LOL!!! :) :) :) :D :D, ah what the heck man, give it a shot and I'll see you down here:D

Nick:

The drool is probably a bit too much, but this mother really has a spit-problem. Will try a render with some thinner threads of saliva.

I really wanted to break up the "boring" overall color, but they do look a bit too clean, after reviewing it, will change that.

Again, thank you all very much:D

Grtzzz...

CG-Freak

cg-freak
10-30-2003, 01:06 PM
Oops, the wire of saliva

renatolazzaroni
10-31-2003, 05:35 AM
Amazing model !
The textured version is my favourite (front shot)
I don't want to be brain picking, but would you share a light on how you model those ridged tubes ?
Do you extrude a smooth tube from a cylinder along a path and then rail clone the ridges along the same path ?

I'll repeat it: superb pic !

Renato

apex
10-31-2003, 07:15 AM
:eek: Thats some serious modelin'. Tremendous job. Nice details and textures. I actually really like the chrome renders. Kind of an alien-terminator look imho. I don't know if it's possible...nah, cyborgs and androids can't procreate can they or was it her alien-child and a cyborg?:rolleyes: Ok, back on topic. Anywho... are you gonna do the body :D ? Lots of detail there. Would love to see it. I think the slobber is fine btw. If you look at the first movie, it was like it had a water fountin in each of its mouths. Great job again.

kenrem

hrgiger
10-31-2003, 07:37 AM
Not to be off topic but has everyone seen this?

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/avp/

Aliens Vs Predator Movie 08/04 Yeah baby!

cg-freak
10-31-2003, 09:08 AM
Oeh yeah, hongabonga, that was some teaser, heard rumours of it but it's more than a rumour now. Can't wait to see those guys in action, haha:D

I modeled my alien off a plastic model-kit, but seeing it again on screen, I think I'll have to start all over when I want it to look like the film-version.

Am not going to do that for now:p

Grtzzz...

CG-Freak

Cageman
11-01-2003, 05:53 AM
Wow.... I heard rumors about this film several years ago, but I didnīt think they would make it...

That movie could be a killer if done properly.... If they need CG-aliens, they should take a look here... :)

Stalio
11-01-2003, 11:16 AM
Wow ,wonderful work ,I have that plastic model too :) and I love Alien and H.R. Giger art.

jdvision
11-01-2003, 04:30 PM
Aliens Vs Predator Movie 08/04 Yeah baby!

One scene that would be hilarious in that movie would be the ole 'president giving the address to the nation about the fact that the world is stuffed scene'- and it's Arnie. hA. Too busy to fight the thing, but he'll mumble out a policy about it. :D

By the way - great model - love the detail added through the textured version.

Cheers,
jd

peterplezier
11-02-2003, 05:00 PM
AWESOME!!! 5 STARS!!!

xtrm3d
11-03-2003, 02:47 AM
look awesome for me too..
5 star ..
you gave here the original creepy feeling..
nice..nice !!

riki
11-03-2003, 04:00 AM
cute stuff, the profile shots look good. The metalic feel gives it a T3 look :)