PDA

View Full Version : Easy One

digitalimagery
09-19-2012, 10:22 AM
I usually work on the Mac version but am experimenting with the DP Kit Nodes and need Windows version (which I have loaded on Parallels).

What's causing my geometry to move in hyper mode when using the move and rotate tools? I suspect a preference setting but don't see anything in the display dialog.

Thanks
DI

lertola2
09-19-2012, 12:40 PM
You did not give enough information for me to understand your problem. DP Kit works on the Mac. Why do you need windows? What is the node setup that is not working? There is not preference settings that are different between the mac and pc as far as I know.

-Joe

digitalimagery
09-19-2012, 01:34 PM
I need the DP Kit Spline Deformer which isn't Mac compatible so I'm using the PC OS via parallels. I was having an issue (non DP Kit related) with trying to move my geometry. Every time I used the move tool and tried to make a slight adjustment, the geometry would shoot off the screen. Same problem with rotate. I wasn't sure what was causing it or if there was a preference some where I could check.

On to DP Kit:
When I downloaded/installed DP Kit for the PC version of LW, I placed the kit in the Plug In directory (where it lives in the Mac version of LW and shows up in the node editor) but I don't see the kit showing up in the node editor in LW on the PC side. I posted this question on another string (growing geometry) but haven't gotten a response yet.

Can you offer the path for DP kit plug in on the PC?

Thanks
DI

You did not give enough information for me to understand your problem. DP Kit works on the Mac. Why do you need windows? What is the node setup that is not working? There is not preference settings that are different between the mac and pc as far as I know.

-Joe

dpont
09-19-2012, 02:04 PM
[QUOTE=digitalimagery;1271934]...Can you offer the path for DP kit plug in on the PC?.../QUOTE]

I usually add DPKit manually, whatever its location,
"Utilities" tab, "Add Plugins",
select its folder, select DPKit.

Denis.

Mastoy
09-19-2012, 03:26 PM
I had a problem like this one time and the reason was the "input device" was not right in the options menu ( keyboard shortcut 'o' )

digitalimagery
09-20-2012, 08:09 AM
I still consider myself a newbie with LW. I can muddle through some logo animation work which is primarily what I do in 3D so I don't use a ton of plug ins - and wasn't aware that was how they get loaded into the app.

I'm always amazed at the number of plug ins out there and how powerful they are. Does anyone know of a web site (or video?) that lists which plug ins do what with examples? I realize many are written by individual programmers so they're pretty spread out. I just wonder how many I could use in my line of work and don't even know they exist.

I shudder to think how much time I've spent doing things the hard way when there's a plug in that could stream line a lot of it (Bevel ++ comes to mind).

Thanks Denis
DI

[QUOTE=digitalimagery;1271934]...Can you offer the path for DP kit plug in on the PC?.../QUOTE]

I usually add DPKit manually, whatever its location,
"Utilities" tab, "Add Plugins",
select its folder, select DPKit.

Denis.

Areyos Alektor
09-20-2012, 05:46 PM
http://www.lwplugindb.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/erikalst/videos

Areyos Alektor
09-20-2012, 05:53 PM
-

speismonqui
09-20-2012, 06:06 PM
about your geometry shooting off the screen: what Mastoy said. Make sure LW knows if you're using either a mouse or a tablet.

digitalimagery
09-21-2012, 08:39 AM
Well how flipp'n cool is that. Knew there had to be something out there.

THANK YOU!
DI

http://www.lwplugindb.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/erikalst/videos

digitalimagery
09-21-2012, 08:55 AM
I'm using LW 9.0 (Parallels/PC on an iMac) and hitting "o" brings up a dialog (attached) but I see nothing that gives me the option you're referring too. Plus, I've never used a tablet with this system and have never changed the default settings. Doesn't LW default to mouse anyway? I've never changed it and it's a pretty fresh install. BTW using 9.0 because I needed a PC only plug in (Bevel++) otherwise I'm on 10.1.0 on the Mac side.

Thanks for any help - it's frustrating.
DI

Mastoy
09-21-2012, 10:24 AM
It's not there because you're in Modeler. The input device setting is, in the modeler, located in the display options (shortcut "d" and then look in the "Interface" tab)

digitalimagery
09-21-2012, 02:09 PM
Thanks everyone but after all that it "is" set to mouse so not sure what the problem is. Not a show stopper since I work primarily on the Mac but at some point I'll need to figure it out. It's weird because I did build a text model on the PC side a while back and didn't have this trouble. Must be the "crisis detector" - wink.

DI

It's not there because you're in Modeler. The input device setting is, in the modeler, located in the display options (shortcut "d" and then look in the "Interface" tab)