PDA

View Full Version : Activate Bone Issues.

Boobyman
09-19-2012, 08:44 AM
I'm resting the bones and when i turn Bones on the mesh doesn't move, just the bones.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/lan73nb/A-FACE-3_zps87ade586.jpg

RebelHill
09-19-2012, 09:46 AM
Are the bones children of the mesh, is the mesh set to use bones from whatever they are children of (including self), are the bones assigned weights that arent present in the model, is the strength value >0, etc?

Boobyman
09-19-2012, 10:31 AM
Are the bones children of the mesh, is the mesh set to use bones from whatever they are children of (including self), are the bones assigned weights that arent present in the model, is the strength value >0, etc?

I'm following a tutorial and it's a 8.5 version of LW they're using. And it's nothing there about maps are any of that. So no i haven't assighned a map to the mesh.

I'm having problems with this more complicated mesh. When i use a simple four poly mesh and create bones for em... that works just fine. It's just this one i can't get to work.

UnCommonGrafx
09-19-2012, 03:44 PM
Bones on?

Can you have the mesh selected, if you click on bones do your bones show up or is it blank?
If it's blank, go to the top where it says "self" (I think), change it to the object with the bones.

Edit: if the above gets you nothing, share a shot of the panel.

Boobyman
09-20-2012, 07:59 AM
Bones on?

Can you have the mesh selected, if you click on bones do your bones show up or is it blank?
If it's blank, go to the top where it says "self" (I think), change it to the object with the bones.

Edit: if the above gets you nothing, share a shot of the panel.

Thanks for the help Uncommon. i've tried what you've mentioned but i'm still having trouble. I can select both the Mesh and Object. From the tutorial is says to select the bones and turn Bones on.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/lan73nb/BONE-HELP-2_zpsd6867cf4.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/lan73nb/BONE-HELP-1_zpscb36b1e4.jpg

Boobyman
09-23-2012, 02:46 PM
I'm still having massive trouble with this. What am i doing wrong? I'm following everyword of the instructor like a mad man. He's using version 8.5 and i'm using version 10. When i make a simple model in modeler and bring it into Layout the Bone and Mesh works with no problem. I NEED A DRINK!!!! SOME HARDCORE VODKA!!!! OR MAYBE SOMETHING GREATER THAN THAT!!!

These are the steps i'm going by using the tutorial...

1) Select Root Bone
2) Turn on IK and Deform
3) Turn on bones

That's it! That's all i'm getting from the thing. It's good in most areas, but lost me with connecting bones with the mesh.

I FEEL LIKE I'M ON THE SIXTH FLOOR AND THERE'S ONLY FIVE ROOMS!

RebelHill
09-23-2012, 03:13 PM

Its one of these things... there's no other options.

Whats this null main I see u have selected?.. it is, ofc, impossible to tell from viewport screenshots what ANY of your settings are, but Im gonna wager that your bones are children of this null object and your mesh isnt set to use bones from.

Boobyman
09-23-2012, 03:41 PM
I create the Null_Main then the Controller Bone. Yes, all the Bones are children to the Null and Controller.

RebelHill
09-24-2012, 01:59 AM
so set your mesh to use bones from... there's your problem.

Boobyman
09-24-2012, 08:12 AM
Thanks Rebe. I THINKS I GOT THIS SUMMABYTCH! Seem so simple after you guys have pointed it out to me. Thanks.

Boobyman
09-24-2012, 08:57 AM
Maybe i talked alittle to fast there. I had it, but somehow lost it. In properties for Bones where do i connect the Mesh to bones?

Or where is the Use Bones from option is located?

When i select the Bones-Properties i see the option Use bones from. But Selecting the Mesh and then Properties i don't see it.

RebelHill
09-24-2012, 10:55 AM
Use bones from is in bone properties... you have to select the mesh, switch to bones mode, then open properties.

You could ofc just save yourself the hassle and make the bones children of the mesh rather than the null... as was my very first suggestion.

Boobyman
09-28-2012, 06:43 PM
I got it. Thanks Rebe.