PDA

View Full Version : GoZ and Pixologic

djwaterman
09-16-2012, 08:33 PM
I know it's been mentioned before but it's worth repeating. I was looking at the GoZ info over at the Pixologic site and under applications supported everyone is mentioned apart from Lightwave.
Shouldn't there be some calls made between the Lightwave group and Pixologic to get this rectified? It make Lightwave look like it's out of the loop.

gordonrobb
09-17-2012, 07:13 AM
It has been mentioned before, you're right. But has been implemented since 11.0 came out. Is there something else you're looking for?

djwaterman
09-17-2012, 10:27 AM
This morning it seemed it wasn't mentioned but now I see it is, I'm going crazy, can't work out what page I was looking at before but it is mentioned on the main GoZ page so that all that matters.

hrgiger
09-17-2012, 02:30 PM
It's not mentioned here: http://www.pixologic.com/zbrush/downloadcenter/zplugins/#index.php

djwaterman
09-18-2012, 01:27 AM
And not here also when you click to the next page.

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?125810-GoZ-Update-1-with-Photoshop-Support

rcallicotte
09-18-2012, 07:09 AM
Disappointing. Dang. Maybe someone will do something about it.

gordonrobb
09-18-2012, 07:27 AM
What are we talking about here. GoZ is implemented for Lightwave. I know I have it and use it.

djwaterman
09-18-2012, 08:04 AM
We're talking about it not being mentioned on Pixologic's site. It's mentioned in the main GoZ page but there are other pages where Lightwave is not included in the list, and that's misleading and could put off potential uses.

dickbill
09-18-2012, 09:46 AM
Can we have some feed back about zbrush in LW?
Feelings?
How easy it is to animate a complex and high poly object in LW?
Are the retopology tool of zbrush usefull? or is conforming the mesh to a clean geometry not that necessary?

gordonrobb
09-18-2012, 10:10 AM
I haven't fully tested out the GoZ functionality, other than back and forth between modeller. REgarding animation, you wouldn't animate a hi poly model, it would be a low poly model with displacement or normal maps. My understanding is that GoZ handles the interechange of those maps once created in ZBrush, but as I said, I haven't tried it yet.

dickbill
09-18-2012, 10:25 AM
wouldn't you expect that the avaibility of more memory and faster processors relaxes the constrain for low poly models?

djwaterman
09-18-2012, 03:32 PM
I really wanted this thread to be about Lightwave group needing to request that Pixologic update some of their pages to reflect Lightwave's GoZ abilities, visitors to Pixologic can be left with the impression that Lightwave has none and that's not good for business. You might want to start another thread dedicated to all things Zbrush/GoZ. This was more just an alert message for Newtek to take note of.

But while on GoZ discussions, it's also handy to use Zbrush's UV master to unwrap your Lightwave meshes, saves a lot of time.

dickbill
09-18-2012, 07:58 PM
OK sorry,
I've seen LW11 mentioned in the Zbrush site, but you' re right, it's not consistently updated everywhere.