PDA

View Full Version : Deleting Default Uv map from Daz studio Fbx export?

prometheus
09-14-2012, 08:02 AM
Upon exporting Daz studio pro 4 figures in fbx format, you will end up with two uv maps notification, one default uv map which all surfaces are set to, but that is not the correct uv map, then thereīs the correct one which isnīt assigned correctly when exported.

Anyone got any suggestion on how to remove the default uv map or get all surfaces assigned correctly to the correct uv map?
As it is right now, one has to go through each and every surface, head,body,foot etc..and re-assign to the correct uv map, quite tedious.

Daz studio pro 4 is still free by the way.

Michael

LW_Will
09-14-2012, 06:10 PM
Sounds like a python script to me. Anybody?

prometheus
09-20-2012, 01:06 PM
In a similar thread in general techniques and tricks & tips regarding Fbx export!
I managed to sort this out decently by copying the model uv map to a new renamed default map, and every surface is then correct once in layout, but with default uv map as name, but that can be renamed.

Im really no expert on working with uv maps,(shame) one should really learn the foundations well I think, itīs about time..forget my previous post about how to copy uv maps.

simply go to edit maps in modeler and copy the Model uv map..upon copy requester, just rename to default..thatīs it..yay.