PDA

View Full Version : Example Python scripts

Burchigb
09-12-2012, 07:37 PM
Not trying to jab anyone
1) I like the fact that newtek included python
2) My fustration is that there really is not much out there for someone to start using this powerful feature

Is there any simple examples layed out so someone with my level of experience can start enjoying the power of python in Lightwave
Sample for me would be moving a ball around a path then having the ball bounce and follow a path, etc
Each path would be different
i.e. "S" path, then half circle path, then striaght path where it encounters a hard object. Then show how it can be tied in together.
Show how the python programming can be used generic wise to multiple objects on different scenes.

skarloc
09-16-2012, 10:15 AM
Not 100 % sure I understand what you want to do. Is it that you want it do simulate a HardFX result ? The ball follows one path, hits an object, then follows another path ? Or am I being too stupid today ?

UnCommonGrafx
09-16-2012, 12:15 PM
Do you have an example from another app of what you are seeking ?

Burchigb
09-16-2012, 05:24 PM
No guys,
What I am looking for is is any example that could be used in Python that will get me on the road to understanding how python can be used in lightwave.
Simple example that I could build on and expand my understanding of python and lightwave.
Like what is the best way to use python in Lightwave

UnCommonGrafx
09-16-2012, 06:02 PM
I don't believe that's been thoroughly determined.
As a suggestion to learning, look at some example of python for any app, adopt it for your needs in lw and you should be well on your way.

Look for posts here from celshader; she has documented THE most use of lw with python, suggesting powerful integration of lw assets -thus lw- in an otherwise non-lw pipeline.

In closing, go here for training on python: http://www.codecademy.com/tracks/python.

BigHache
09-18-2012, 05:15 AM
Try my series (http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?130628-LWPy-An-Intro-to-Python-for-Lightwave). It's meant to be an introduction course.

Burchigb
09-18-2012, 06:28 PM
Looking at it now