PDA

View Full Version : Help please!!! Apple Airplay / iPad issue

MattCoull
09-11-2012, 03:30 PM
Hi Gang:

I have the following gear and am trying to get them to talk....

TCXD300 version 4b.
D-Link DIR655 wireless router
Apple iPad 3

I'm told that all have the latest firmware.

I am trying to use the iPad as a network input on the Tricaster.

When I go to activate the Airplay function on the iPad, I do see the XD300 as an option, and I'm able to activate the mirroring.
Then it stays "active" for about 5 seconds then it un-checks itself and returns to only displaying locally on the iPad.

On the TC, I never see the iPad as an option in the pull down menu of the Net input and never see the iPad image in the network input.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any and all help!

-Matt Coull

kanep
09-11-2012, 04:17 PM
Update your TriCaster to Rev 4d or higher. There were some AirPlay fixes since Rev 4b.

kltv
09-11-2012, 04:17 PM
You'll never see the iPad as an option under the NET drop downs. As long as it says "receive" then it is ready for an AirPlay source to populate it. I don't believe Mirroring of the iPad is supported. Try something like the YouTube app and see if that works properly. I'm pretty sure that just direct mirroring isn't something that is supported, only specific applications.

Kris

MattCoull
09-11-2012, 04:22 PM
I checked today and the Tricaster told me that the firmware was "up to date". I've seen this before with an 850. What use is that page if it always tells you your up to date when clearly it's not. Argh! I'll update to 4e and see what happens.

Thank you very much for your help!

SBowie
09-11-2012, 05:13 PM
There's a difference between the approved, known stable, release version on the download site and the "Latest" version posted, which can be considered an "advance release" build. The update feature on TriCaster looks for the release version. The only way to get an advance release is by downloading it. This is deliberate.

Marv1896
09-13-2012, 10:45 AM
Hey guys,

my first post in here. Not quite sure, if I am right in this thread.

There is a question or better a problem I am having for a longer time now.

Is it possible to use the mirroring option of an iPhone 4S ,3GS or an iPad and streaming the live camera and audio via Airplay into the TriCaster?
We already tried it with streaming HD videos which worked very well with all devices but there was no chance to stream the camera.
Maybe the new update will fix it.

We are using: 450 extreme and a cisco access point.

Does anyone know, if it is possible to stream the live camera into the TriCaster via Airplay?

Would be great to get some answers.

Sorry for bad English. ;-)

SBowie
09-13-2012, 12:09 PM
Your English is just fine, but to answe your question, iOS mirroring is not supported at this time. TriCaster requires explicit support for Airplay within the app on the mobile device.

Marv1896
09-13-2012, 01:53 PM
Thank you, so far.
We also tried buying and using an app, but i have forgotten the name of it. At least it didnīt work.
So all in all, there is no solution at the moment? Maybe somebody knows a working app?

PIZAZZ
09-14-2012, 07:21 AM
Thank you, so far.
We also tried buying and using an app, but i have forgotten the name of it. At least it didnīt work.
So all in all, there is no solution at the moment? Maybe somebody knows a working app?

There is no magic app to get mirroring to work over the AirPlay conduit into TriCaster.

There is a magic little black box though that can do it. You take the hdmi output of the box and feed it through a hdmi to hdsdi converter into your TriCaster. You can buy the magic box anywhere Apple products are sold. Look for the box labeled AppleTV. $99 plus $245 for the converter and you are done. And it works EVERY time.

Marv1896
09-14-2012, 11:33 AM
I tried to find a solution doing it wireless.
Before buying an Apple TV, we will still use our EX1 or Pansonic HE100.

alexoliveira
11-20-2012, 11:41 AM
Am i crazy to think about running Ivga on a mac and then pushing my ipad via airplay to it and then dragging in the feed via ivga? Would that work?

kanep
11-20-2012, 10:58 PM
Thank you, so far.

There is an program called 'AirServer' that you can use to get AirPlay Mirroring onto the screen of a PC or Macintosh. Then use iVGA to get that into the TriCaster. At this time, no way to get AirPlay Mirroring directly in without something acting as a 'bridge' to get the signal in.

alexoliveira
11-23-2012, 08:04 PM
I expected some lag but I had an usable amount of lag. Chunky, chuggy and choppy. The three Cs

jmmultex
11-23-2012, 08:24 PM
To underscore what Jeff posted, using Apple TV + BMD HDMI->SDI Converter has been the most painless and reliable way I've used to get a mirrored source - iOS or OSX - onto a TriCaster. I've used it extensively with no problems - smooth video results with easy, repeatable setups.

Good luck,

John

Marv1896
12-10-2012, 11:46 AM
We tried two apps now.
Using an iPad and a iPhone 4s and working with a static IP.
Both apps were working but without sound. And one was even in the ratio of 4:3 with white borders.

Hope there will be a better solution soon.

jmmultex
12-10-2012, 12:00 PM
To get a reliable implementation in software, Apple will need to allow Newtek to support mirroring over airplay - something I gather they haven't done at this point. I would reiterate that the AppleTV+BMD converter as been a completely reliable solution for me personally. If you need to mirror an iPad display, I strongly recommend you look into that as the way to do it - be happy to discuss this with you if it would help...

Good luck with this!

John