PDA

View Full Version : Can't See Rain in Animation

Bax33
09-08-2012, 10:20 AM
I followed Mr. Vaughan's rainsplash tutorial to include rain in an animation I'm playing with. Everything works as advertised in his tutorial as long as I view it in layout. However, when I render the animation (into individual images) the rain can't be seen. I'm sure this is because there are additional steps I have to take or some setting I haven't set on the camera. Can anyone offer a suggestion?

Actually, shortly after posting this I found these instructions which seem to be taking me down the right track.
Ctrl+F6, add HyperVoxels, double click, select emitter, activate, object type "sprite", tab "shading" subtab "clips", add a bunch of images with single raindrops. you must load images in image editor F6 first. tab "hyper texture", select texture "none".

But would still like to hear other suggestions.

jasonwestmas
09-08-2012, 12:19 PM
I followed Mr. Vaughan's rainsplash tutorial to include rain in an animation I'm playing with. Everything works as advertised in his tutorial as long as I view it in layout. However, when I render the animation (into individual images) the rain can't be seen. I'm sure this is because there are additional steps I have to take or some setting I haven't set on the camera. Can anyone offer a suggestion?

Actually, shortly after posting this I found these instructions which seem to be taking me down the right track.
Ctrl+F6, add HyperVoxels, double click, select emitter, activate, object type "sprite", tab "shading" subtab "clips", add a bunch of images with single raindrops. you must load images in image editor F6 first. tab "hyper texture", select texture "none".

But would still like to hear other suggestions.

yeah I would attach hypervoxel sprites to the particles, not volume or surface necessarily unless for some reason you needed a closup of the water droplets. You can also try partigon rendering for your particles using the partigon emitter.

prometheus
09-13-2012, 12:36 AM
You donīt need any images to use on sprite clips, just use sprites as it is, without hypertexture and select proper size for it and render away, try to use motion blur to get some decent streaks preferably.

And of course the rain canīt bee seen, lightwave particles doesnīt render by itself, thatīs why hypervoxels is needed, or pixiedust, or if you would have added a partigon emitter, which you certainly not have since default
is hv emitter.

You could argue that newtek should by default have set it up so once hv emitter is added to the scene, it is by default attached with the hv shader.

Michael

Areyos Alektor
09-16-2012, 04:33 PM
I add my touch, it has the ability to convert a HV Emitter :
"Utilities" / "Plugins" / "Additional" / "Particle2Partigon"

For the need to use the volume the advantage of Partigons is geometry creation, so the possibility of saving an object.

For HyperVoxels should not forget HVDeform. It's also interesting in this context.

You can mix the 2 :)