PDA

View Full Version : Lightworks 11 out

calilifestyle
09-07-2012, 05:08 PM
So i got an email and i guess Lightworks 11 is out but it's kind of no longer free. Yeah they have a free version. Anyway it's 60 bucks and looks good.

Areyos Alektor
09-08-2012, 05:43 PM
There is always a free version, it's the Pro version which is paid:
http://www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=45&Itemid=184

It's no longer beta, the domain name also changed.

zarti
09-08-2012, 06:41 PM
installed and tried 11 . the new basic video tutos made it really easy for me this time .

looks great . for me , even if 60$s were ' too much ' , the free edition appears ' enough ' .

jwiede
09-08-2012, 08:36 PM
I've always been kind of fond of Lightworks for editing, and the price really isn't bad considering what all you get added in Pro. I really hope they get the Mac beta out soon though, I consider Windows-only video editing as much a no-go as a Windows-only 3D pkg (esp. given existing Mac options like FinalCut, Shake, Motion, etc.).

Titus
09-08-2012, 08:55 PM
The pro version includes some "pro" codecs, that makes some sense to pay for. They never honored their promise with the open source, but now is freeware.

zarti
09-09-2012, 07:05 AM
also .. They emphasised that " there will be always a Free Edition " .

i havent yet tested 'connection' with Fusion , but hope they really do push LW into that direction .

great tool with a clear focus !

.cheers

BigHache
09-09-2012, 07:59 PM
I've been out of town but I'm eager to take a look. I'd be down for $60 but at the moment I have Premiere.

Tonttu
09-11-2012, 01:24 AM
The pro version includes some "pro" codecs, that makes some sense to pay for. They never honored their promise with the open source, but now is freeware.

They have not honored it yet, but they will. Linux alpha version coming in October. (http://www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=12&id=1983&limit=6&limitstart=30&Itemid=81)

cagey5
10-02-2012, 01:45 PM
Has anybody tried editing LightWave produced content in Lightworks yet?

If so, what codec do you use to save your animations in (Yes I Know I shouldn't be rendering animations, but sometimes I just want a quick output and edit to get an idea of the scene. )

I have tried XVID in as many ways as I had the patience for and everything loads but just displays as a pure black screen.

So, what's the secret?