PDA

View Full Version : Your next mouse? > Razer Naga Hex Review

erikals
09-07-2012, 11:35 AM
 
might be something for some of you,

Razer Naga Hex Review >
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C53lXc_4fGs

a Wacom person myself, but this looked interesting...

 

Philbert
09-07-2012, 04:08 PM
I wonder if Best Buy has any of these for testing. I've been really happy with my Logitech MX Revolution and Logitech's customer service is phenomenal.

BeeVee
09-07-2012, 04:33 PM
Only thing better than an MX Revolution is a Performance MX - charge and use at the same time Phil, charge and use... :)

B
PS. Oh yes, and they are good at giving discounts if you upgrade too...

Hieron
09-07-2012, 06:11 PM
Only thing better than an MX Revolution is a Performance MX - charge and use at the same time Phil, charge and use... :)

B

Really? Just yesterday I threw an "as new" Performance MX in the bin.. it was the most horrible mouse I've ever had.. Really tried liking it but it kept having this bizarre minor (but very annoying) cursor inaccuracy (tried a few pc's), way too heavy and the "ergonomic" shape really didn't work out as well as I had hoped. Having the thumb off the table seemed like a great idea but it was quite annoying for quick accurate movements. Did not even think about gifting it away since I was that dissapointed and it felt like a broken gift.. Perhaps I had a broken mouse, but it was unusable to me. Is yours spot on and very detailed with precise, small movements?

Really tried liking it and fixing the issue, moving the receiver around, turning off anything that might interfere, installing on multiple machines..As it is not a cheap mouse, perhaps it was broken. Yet I could find many more posts on the internet with the exact same issues..

gave up and bought a Steelseries Sensei and really like it. (could not even remember the last time I had bought a non-Logitech mouse.. )

BeeVee
09-08-2012, 09:36 AM
Weird, I've never had any complaints with those aspects. The only thing I dislike is how close the scroll wheel is to the body of the mouse. It makes it very hard to do a side scroll.

B

Hieron
09-08-2012, 03:35 PM
hmm thanks for letting me know. I may have had a monday morning example perhaps..

Lewis
09-08-2012, 03:52 PM

I'd say that Logitech G700 is better than both of above :D.

Ryan Roye
09-08-2012, 06:11 PM
I'm a big fan of doing more with the mouse and less with the keyboard when it comes to 3d window manipulation stuff. I wonder what kind of functions would be best to utilize most if I had one (probably utilizing Autohotkey to convert the commands to the mouse buttons).

The first things that come to mind are various select/de-select functions.

safetyman
09-09-2012, 10:51 AM
Have to agree with Lewis about the G700. Plus, I can't see spending over $200 on a mouse, especially since I'm so hard on them what with all the gaming I do. :)

erikals
09-09-2012, 11:29 AM
read about G700 >
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/peripherals/2010/09/20/logitech-g700-review/1

While the sensitivity and tracking speed were fine, in wireless mode the G700 failed to pick up very small movements, resulting in infuriating mouse pointer jumps and very poor fine movement control. We experienced this flaw using multiple systems, under all three of the mouse’s power management modes and both with and without Logitech’s software installed. This makes the G700 useless as a wireless mouse.

still, a lighter mouse is welcome imo, even though it is with wire. always thought the big Logitech i had before was too heavy...

Skonk
09-10-2012, 02:31 AM
I would say the original razer naga would be a better option than the hex in terms of using it with lightwave; due to the naga having a full number pad built into the side of it.

Lewis
09-10-2012, 04:03 AM
read about G700 >

While the sensitivity and tracking speed were fine, in wireless mode the G700 failed to pick up very small movements, resulting in infuriating mouse pointer jumps and very poor fine movement control. We experienced this flaw using multiple systems, under all three of the mouse’s power management modes and both with and without Logitech’s software installed. This makes the G700 useless as a wireless mouse.

still, a lighter mouse is welcome imo, even though it is with wire. always thought the big Logitech i had before was too heavy...

No idea who wrote that but I'm using G700 for 9 months and no such problems here and i can say i need to do very precise modeling very often :)

Hieron
09-10-2012, 05:09 AM
read about G700 >

This is *exactly* the issue I had with the MX Performance. It was infuriating indeed and I threw it away. Seeing that Bit-Tech also saw it on the G700 makes me even more wary of Logitech... Absolute rubbish if they ship products like that. premium products that are promoted as "ergonomic". It was too heavy by far and having those same issues..

erikals
09-10-2012, 05:20 AM
hm, interesting :] your signature "Nymus3D" means "NewMouse3D" in Norwegian... hehe. :]

akademus
09-10-2012, 11:19 PM
http://www.razerzone.com/store/transformers-3-bumblebee-razer-deathadder

My wife got me this one yesterday for our anniversary. Very cool, my first non-Logitech mouse in long time. And it feels so precise, i can feel I can move it pixel by pixel. Not a gamer, but I already love this mouse.

Philbert
09-11-2012, 05:10 AM

B

Yes, it is annoying when I have to stop working or find another way so that the mouse can charge. Thanks though, I didn't know they had upgrade discounts. What was great about the Logitech CS was that I got it refurbished so it was $50 instead of $100, after 9 months or so I started seeing a problem where pressing the LMB too hard would cause it to "let go" of whatever I was dragging. After they confirmed what was happening over the phone they just sent me a brand new one, retail package and all. They didn't even ask me to send the old one in.

Hieron
09-16-2012, 03:31 PM
hm, interesting :] your signature "Nymus3D" means "NewMouse3D" in Norwegian... hehe. :]

heh :) Sure hope it is not even worse in other languages :)

erikals
09-16-2012, 03:44 PM
well, at the same time "mus" over here is also referred to as the woman's ***ina \:]

Hieron
09-17-2012, 06:16 AM
well, at the same time "mus" over here is also referred to as the woman's ***ina \:]

Ow geez, that didn't improve things..

Time to reconsider the name... :)

Danner
09-17-2012, 07:11 PM
Razer Imperator here. (it was a present too) I used to use a Logitech MX 518. (cable died) They are both great mice, highly recommend both. The Mx has been discontinued I think. Light, agile, on the fly sensitivity adjustment and thumb buttons. They are quite similar actually. The Razer feels just a little bit more precise.