PDA

View Full Version : Chyron news ...

SBowie
09-07-2012, 09:55 AM
Big week for announcements - and now this: http://www.chyron.com/products/graphics-creation/chyron-ip

jmmultex
09-07-2012, 03:38 PM
I saw that announcement this morning - very interesting.

Chyron says it will be at an "unprecedented price point", but that could still be significant given the market segment Chyron traditionally serves. Are there any specifics on anticipated pricing? Failing that, would they be targeting more at the 40, 455, 855, or the 8000 slice of the market?

I'd love to find out more about this, but there aren't a lot of details/screenshots/availability being offered up anywhere...

Anyone know any more about this or what they are saying at the show?

Thanks,
John

JonCrowe
09-07-2012, 03:45 PM
Check it out:

http://www.chyron.com/products/graphics-creation/chyron-ip

Knowing Chyron, it will cost twice as much as the Tricaster.

UnCommonGrafx
09-07-2012, 04:17 PM
Serious Kudos to Andrew and Team for this engineering recognition!

Well done.

jcupp
09-07-2012, 04:20 PM
Around $15,000 as I understand.

jmmultex
09-07-2012, 06:26 PM
Thanks guys!

-john

SBowie
09-08-2012, 07:43 AM
Nice little blurb about this in the latest (IBC edition) of the NewTek mag - also some excellent coverage of both TriCaster 40 and 8000: http://www.newtek.com/news-events/magazine.html

ZachSchuster
09-08-2012, 03:12 PM
I'd love to find out more about this, but there aren't a lot of details/screenshots/availability being offered up anywhere...

Agreed. I'm a little confused... and maybe that's because I'm not experienced with the Chyron product offerings. Is this an all-in-one system, or do you take your pre-existing Chyron, connect the key and fill outputs in to this IP device, and that converts it in to NET inputs? In other words, if I spend $15,000 on this and this alone, what do I have?

EDIT: Upon looking over the product page again, it looks like it does include the software, so it seems that you add keyboard, mouse, and monitor and you have a fully function CG. Am I reading in to that properly?

kltv
09-08-2012, 09:39 PM
It's a full two-channel CG, minus the output frame buffer cards that would normally give you the SDI outputs. You don't need to have anything else to connect to it. It runs into the TriCaster over the same iVGA protocol as LiveText. My understanding is the only thing you really miss out on that you would have in a regular HyperX is the full clip players for each channel. You can still do all kinds of animation on the Chyron itself, with video clips, transitions and all that cool stuff you can do in Lyric, you just don't have the EFX clip players. If you are familiar with Chyron you know what that means but it isn't a critical loss. At my station we just use the clips to run fullscreen backgrounds behind the canvas objects. One question I don't know the answer to is what options Chyron includes in the base package. Typically, the dongle gets programmed with various licensing options for features. So if you need Intelligent Interface, Macros, Movies, 3D Objects, etc. they usually charge extra for those options. I don't know if that is the case here.

Graphics Outfitters solution is more like what Zach was describing. You take the key and fill pair from an existing CG and run it through that box to convert it to an iVGA source. That removes the clip player limitation and also expands it to work with any other CG or animation server with a key/fill pair.

Good times for graphic nerds!
Kris

PIZAZZ
09-11-2012, 06:15 AM

Good times for graphic nerds!
Kris

Very much agreed

Chyronbill
10-17-2012, 03:26 PM
Hi All, I'm Bill Hendler from Chyron. I'd be happy to answer any questions.

ACross
10-17-2012, 03:31 PM
Hi All, I'm Bill Hendler from Chyron. I'd be happy to answer any questions.

For those that do not know this, "Bill Hendler from Chyron" is not just anyone. He is their CTO. We should consider ourselves very honored.

Andrew

SBowie
10-17-2012, 03:42 PM
Absolutely - not every day are we graced by visits from not just one CTO, but two! A hearty welcome! :thumbsup:

Chyronbill
10-17-2012, 03:56 PM
Yeah- the CTO title means I only have to take out the garbage every other Tuesday. Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm happy to be here.

SBowie
10-17-2012, 04:03 PM
Hmmm .... apparently, Andrew's been shirking then! ;)

jmmultex
10-17-2012, 06:49 PM
Welcome Bill - was definitely excited to see the news about the ChyronIP - I know several folks including it in configs they are spec'ing. Can't wait to see it in action.

Thanks for taking time to visit us here on the forms...

Best,
John

Jim Davis
10-17-2012, 10:20 PM
We are pleased to announce that we are now an Authorized Reseller for Chryon IP . We also have our Demo system in place in our PA office along with our Tricaster 8000 . Please feel free to email or call with any questions and Pricing .

kltv
11-06-2012, 11:21 PM
We successfully used the Chyron IP box connected to the TriCaster for our election coverage at KATU in Portland last night. We have the system connected to our LeaderPlus election database. We used Chyron IP for all our fullscreen results and LiveText and DataLink to run our lower thirds. The Chyron IP is pretty cool.

Kris

ChyronTX
11-13-2012, 02:23 PM
Hi Zach,

The $15K solution gets you a full-up single channel ChyronIP. It is stand-alone graphics system that streams its' output to the Tricaster family of products. It includes Lyric PRO as a part of the package as well so you have a 2D/3D HD/SD switchable platform that can be used to create and playout to Tricaster. Clients with existing Chyron graphics can port them to this system for playout as well. ChyronIP is also available in a dual channel configuration as well.

ChyronTX
11-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Chyron is also announcing a streaming option for use with our standard graphics systems. This will enable streaming of the entire graphics content for clients with HyperX, LEX and/or MicroX platforms.

jmmultex
11-15-2012, 02:35 PM
Was at the CCW Conference yesterday at the Javits Center in NYC. Got to see the ChyronIP first hand and came away very impressed. It was integrated with an XD8000 (also an impressive system) and the images produced were flawless - really nicely done. Was told that enabling the second channel is only a $5K uptick, making the system more affordable than I thought.

-john

dhomas
11-19-2012, 10:19 AM
FYI... We've got ChyronIP (Lyric) control in Master Control now... just in final testing now. Kris was using it for the ABC election stuff mentioned above.