PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use a Wacom Bamboo tablet?

Amurrell
09-08-2012, 09:58 AM
Yes, is the short answer, but not for modelling. Only for illustration and sculpting when I need it.

probiner
09-08-2012, 11:26 AM
I can't see BeeVee's first post. Am I alone in this?

XswampyX
09-08-2012, 11:32 AM
I can't see BeeVee's first post. Am I alone in this? No your not, I can't see it either.

I use a bamboo tablet.... it's great! I haven't even got a mouse connected any more. Just the pen.

gerry_g
09-08-2012, 11:54 AM
Yeah I tried to respond to this thread and got nowhere, is quite an old thread though, put it down to the new forum shuffle

Nicolas Jordan
09-08-2012, 12:11 PM
I just purchased a Bamboo Create a few weeks ago and I find that it works great for anything that needs to be done with a tablet. Here is a review from Melonie Mac who actually even prefers the Bamboo over the Intuos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8CfxqIj4iQ

tayotain2
09-08-2012, 12:54 PM
I bought bamboo and i think it woks great! :)

EmperorPete
09-08-2012, 01:19 PM
I have a Bamboo Pen & Touch, and it's very useful indeed (once I got used to using a tablet rather than a mouse).

Areyos Alektor
09-08-2012, 05:38 PM
I use a Wacom Bamboo Fun Pen & Touch, completed with a Microsoft Sidewinder X6 and 3DConnexion SpaceNavigator.

I love the Bamboo, no reproach him. The interface allows all settings that you might want.

BeeVee
09-10-2012, 08:49 AM
I was asking and got cut off by the forum closure. I had an Intuos and never used it because it was too big. Interested now in a teeny Bamboo and wondered if the lack of tilt is a problem?

B

BeeVee
09-10-2012, 08:49 AM
I was asking and got cut off by the forum closure. I had an Intuos and never used it because it was too big. Interested now in a teeny Bamboo and wondered if the lack of tilt is a problem?

B

geo_n
09-10-2012, 08:57 AM
I have the older generation bamboo silver with non replaceable tip. Its indestructible for 3 years and its abused with 3dcoat, lw, photoshop, ae. At work I'm using the new black one with touch and replaceable tip. its not as good and had to replace the tip in less than a year. Comes with three tips though. The intuos I never touch because it makes me tired easily with a broader stroke needed to go from point a to point b. Personaly preference of course since my mouse is also set on fast by two levels.

Areyos Alektor
09-11-2012, 05:35 PM
At work we use Intuos and on my personal equipment I use a Bamboo. The tilt is especially useful for simulating traditional tools outside I don't see the point (3D, video, etc ...). For my part I prefer a small size, it's also easier to lug around. This is why when I work directly I use my equipment ;)

I also prefer the previous model (silver). It can be find at slightly lower price.

BeeVee
09-12-2012, 04:00 AM
Merci bien pour le commentaire ! :) What model number is the silver one? Is it just pen, or pen and touch?

B

gerry_g
09-12-2012, 06:22 AM
I think there are several flavours of Bamboo, Touch is the expensive one and Fun is the cheap one Wacom's Euro store page is here o (http://www.wacom.eu/index2.asp?pid=9240&lang=en), have both prefer the Touch myself as it allows gesture movements on the tablet, and the wireless add on is great too but temperamental, only downside to the Bamboo is the pen, the Intuos ones are way better and the nibs do wear down quicker these days because they changed the material they are made of around the time they they intro'd the Intuos 4 series to give it more surface friction for better feedback, so yes they wear down faster but they are better to use.

BeeVee
09-12-2012, 06:31 AM
There are loads to choose from now with Connect, Fun, Touch, Pen & Touch, Splash, Fun Pen & Touch, the new Manga one, Capture and so on. They are probably the names for the same tablets in different territories, but that doesn't really help :D The upshot seems to be:

* No tilt;
* Nibs wear out fast;
* Wifi version expensive and not reliable;
* The Touch one is *only* Touch, no stylus, which makes it more of a trackpad?

Overall, it's not too big though - does that make it feel restrictive?

B

geo_n
09-12-2012, 06:41 AM
Merci bien pour le commentaire ! :) What model number is the silver one? Is it just pen, or pen and touch?

B

This one is better. CTE-450 is without nibs. Not sure why its listed with.
http://www.amazon.com/CTE450K-Bamboo-Tablet-Graphics-Software/dp/B002QJASB4
The mouse is also handy if you need it.

This one with replaceable tip wears easily. I like the free sleeve though and use it for my external drives.
http://www.amazon.com/Wacom-CTL460-Bamboo-Pen-Tablet/dp/B002OOWC3I/ref=pd_sim_sbs_pc_7/183-3852146-9130530

gerry_g
09-12-2012, 06:50 AM
get out of here the Touch is gesture & stylus at the same time with a toggle to turn of gesture, most of the time I leave it on, U want better get the Intuos5 A4 and get the best of everything, also Intouse tablet pens come with a choice of nib types (hard & soft) and a set I think around five of each type in the base of the pen holder that comes with the pen. I have an Intuos4 xL & A4, an Intuos5 Medium, a Bamboo Touch & Fun and an old Bamboo first gen somewhere, as to the Bamboos it's hard to tell them apart from the Intuos A4's in functionality these days they are so good, it's only the pens that let the down.

Areyos Alektor
09-12-2012, 06:14 PM
(De rien, c'est un plaisir :) )

This is the CTH-461 model (Bamboo Fun Pen & Touch).

Between a touchpad and a Bomboo I prefer the latter which is more accurate and has sufficient space to afford to replace a mouse. The stylus / touch passage is very practical : touch on two screens and stylus on the principal screen (on ​​a laptop that is easy to edit preferences on the fly).

If you think the size is too small you have a model with a doubled surface (and the price too).

The description from Amazon:
http://www.amazon.fr/Wacom-Bamboo-Tablette-graphique-Taille/dp/B002QA3GTE/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1347494273&sr=8-15

There are several shops in France who still offer around 75 €.

tischbein3
09-20-2012, 01:06 AM
There are loads to choose from now with Connect, Fun, Touch, Pen & Touch, Splash, Fun Pen & Touch, the new Manga one, Capture and so on. They are probably the names for the same tablets in different territories, but that doesn't really help :D The upshot seems to be:

* No tilt
* Nibs wear out fast;
* Wifi version expensive and not reliable;
* The Touch one is *only* Touch, no stylus, which makes it more of a trackpad?

Overall, it's not too big though - does that make it feel restrictive?

B

Got some bamboo of the first and second generation, so info might be a bit outdated.

Tilt: Never missed it.
Nibs on my old bamboos of the first and second generation holded more than a year with irregular usage.
Size: Depends on what you are used, for certain you have to zoom in a few times more in your grfx app of your choice, but if you are a regular mouse user this problem is less distracting, but I think its less of a problem than comming back from a bigger tablet size.

If you feel adventurous you might also check the hanvon stuff, wich had some surprisingly good reviews. (never used them by myself)

...And yes, it still gets in your way. (although less often)

BeeVee
09-20-2012, 04:05 AM
Thanks for the info!

B

Red_Oddity
09-20-2012, 09:12 AM
I use an Intuos 4 (L) so i can map my 16:10 dual monitor setup to use the entire width of the tablet, the same at home, but with an Intuos 2 A4, and for my laptop i use a Bamboo (the non touch variant)

I always have trouble working with mice since i'm so used to using a tablet for everything (for the last 9+ years now)