PDA

View Full Version : Screw the 850CS

rally1
09-05-2012, 03:29 PM
I noticed our control surface was "sagging" on one side when pushed. Took it apart, and it seems to be missing many screws. But there were no screws rolling around inside. And they are only missing from one side. Perhaps they are like socks in a dryer, and just disappear.

Does yours look like this:

SBowie
09-05-2012, 04:42 PM
If possible, could you PM me the info from any identifying serial or revision number stickers you can see on the unit? We'd like to see if we can trace how this came about and make sure it's not a continuing problem.

rally1
09-05-2012, 06:16 PM
Sent.

It should have screws in all those spots right? It looks like there were once screws in there. But the only person to have that case open before was me, to do the blinking light retrofit cable (which didn't require removing those screws)
I could see them working loose, but not all from one side only, and not without the resulting loose screws still being in the case. Strange.

SBowie
09-05-2012, 06:59 PM
It should have screws in all those spots rightI've no idea, but I can tell you that those charged with oversight of the quality and reliability of our hdwe. have been scrutinizing your photo without big happy faces.

rally1
09-05-2012, 08:19 PM
There are some other numbers in there, i'll get those tomorrow, and take a picture of the other side (which has screws in every threaded hole).

rally1
09-17-2012, 01:35 PM
As an update, Newtek sent me replacement screws. We all agreed there was no way it came from the factory like that, but where the screws went is still a mystery.
I put the new screws in and all seemed well. Another group used our 850CS this weekend, and stated that the T-bar didn't work. We never use the T-bar, so it could have been like that for a while. Every other button works fine.
I guess it could be related, on with CS now.

SBowie
09-17-2012, 01:41 PM
I wonder if, perhaps, the new users didn't understand how the Transition Delegates work?

rally1
09-17-2012, 01:55 PM
They were using on an 855, but it has the same problem on our 850. The little lights next to he T-bar do not light. Will ship it in to repair next week for a closer look.

They did however discover the "joys" of the FTB button ;).

SBowie
09-17-2012, 02:26 PM
Aah. I thought it didn't work at all - sorry.

rally1
09-17-2012, 03:34 PM
Yeah the T-bar doesn't function, it moves, but it does not activate a transition or switch.