PDA

View Full Version : OT : Great printer

Stranahan
10-28-2003, 08:46 PM
I was cruising Buy.com today and they are selling the Canon i470D printer for $40 (forty bucks!) after rebate...

This is a really amazing printer. I own two of them. Here's why its great...

1) amazing photo quality prints, edge to edge...

2) cheap to use ; black cart is $7, color is around $16 - compare that to Epson / Lexmark

3) built-in multicard reader...every format that digital camera use

4) can operate without computer

5) great everyday use print quality

6) good software pack with practical things like proper printing of webpages and easy photo printing...

7) I can't say this enough - GREAT PRINT QUALITY. Seriously, just amazingly good pictures...

8) 40 DOLLARS!!

Seriously, this is a kickass printer. I paid $150 for mine 8 months ago and haven't regretted it one bit. At $40, it's a total steal. Read the reviews on Amazon, too...

robinson
10-28-2003, 11:59 PM
LOL great Idea over here.

Can you smuggle a few (10-20) printers to Germany ?
You are here in February anyway so what's the problem ?
We could make a lot of money selling these printers on ebay.de you know, I'm really thinking big this time. :rolleyes:

The cheapest price for this Printer in Germany is 119,20 , the normal price is 225, 00 .
Still a big price difference between US and Germany. :mad:

Lamont
10-29-2003, 12:42 AM
That does sound good. Does anyone recomend a good yet cheap (under $400USD) Printer/FAX/Scanner/Copier combo? I am sick of going to other places to fax and copy stuff... and I don't have a printer and the freakin' scanner busted a while back.

With a last name like Stranahan, you should be a detective or private eye.

Librarian
10-29-2003, 01:03 AM
I bought a Lexmark z11 years ago, very cheap.
The crux: Extremly high consumption of cartridges and each cartridge cost more than the whole printer
:rolleyes:

kevman3d
10-29-2003, 02:46 AM
US $40?!?!?!

Geesh! The i470d in New Zealand is US$260 (NZ$439). I'm living on the wrong side of the world when it comes to electronics and shopping! :D