PDA

View Full Version : Presets empty?

RTSchramm
09-04-2012, 01:44 AM
I just did a clean install of LW 11.0 SP3, and the presets are now missing? I can see them in the "C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave11.0\support\presets" folder but they do not show up.

I also can't create a preset library.

Rich

prometheus
09-04-2012, 02:04 AM
What Item editor do you have open? surface, voxels, volumetric lights?

Seems that you are not engaging any editor, therefore empty?

Michael

RTSchramm
09-04-2012, 02:06 AM
I had to set the default path of the presets to: "C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave11.0\support\presets" and now I can see the default presets.

My second question is how to I add custom presets? Do I copy them to the same folder listed above, or can I re-direct LW to use the folder:

C:\Users\SchrammR\.NewTek\LightWave\11.0\presets

I will like to redirect the preset folder to my profile so I can a central location to access my presets.

Rich

prometheus
09-04-2012, 02:28 AM
I had to set the default path of the presets to: "C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave11.0\support\presets" and now I can see the default presets.

My second question is how to I add custom presets? Do I copy them to the same folder listed above, or can I re-direct LW to use the folder:

C:\Users\SchrammR\.NewTek\LightWave\11.0\presets

I will like to redirect the preset folder to my profile so I can a central location to access my presets.

Rich

should work to copy your own custom presets, create your own library folder and put it where you want in the preset handlers main folder, it should show up next time you start lightwave.

Michael

prometheus
09-04-2012, 02:32 AM
I think you should check your users/.Newtek folder, I believe all of your own added presets will by default end up there.

I do not understand why the newtek folder has a dot (.) before newtek, I often simple hit the letter of the folder I want to go to when browsing in explorer, but the dot always fools me:D

check that folder and try to copy there.

mine is...
C:\Users\michael\.NewTek\LightWave\11.0\presets

Michael

RTSchramm
09-04-2012, 02:51 AM
I'm still not getting nothing but the default presets. Can you use folders in the location, or do all of the presets need to be in the root of the preset folder?

Rich

prometheus
09-04-2012, 03:20 AM
just create a folder named at your liking and copy it to either hypervoxels preset main folder or surface main folder or whatever you have?, it should show up if youre paths are set correct.
in my image you can see that my path is set to lightwave 9 where I have all presets...even though using lw 11.03

What kind of preset are you working with?

prometheus
09-04-2012, 03:24 AM
check your path settings.
Edit/paths.