PDA

View Full Version : Audio out of sync when capturing from main in

lucca65
10-28-2003, 06:38 PM
This is a little weird.

VT3, with update, Win XP w/SP1, Dual 3Ghz Xeons, 2gig mem, 543 ultra scsi array.

When I use either the capture panel or the DDR and capture any source from Program out (using the Newtek RTV format), audio and video are in perfect sync.

If I capture directly from the "MAIN' bus, audio runs way out of synch, worse than a kung fu movie.

Any ideas? Except to just capture from Program out?

Lucca

Scott Bates
10-28-2003, 06:52 PM
"But doctor, it hurts when I do that!"
"Well, then....."

Sorry Lucca, couldn't resist :D

Actually I don't know because I always capture through Program Out. My question would be, when should one capture through Main In and what would be the advantage over Program Out?

lucca65
10-29-2003, 08:09 AM
After diving through the manual, I guess the only difference is that main in is a direct feed from your source, so any effects of the switcher (fades, wipes) and the dsk won't take effect.

I was just wondering if I had something set wrong.

Thanks

Lucca

Jim_C
10-29-2003, 08:13 AM
>>My question would be, when should one capture through Main In and what would be the advantage over Program Out?

A'Ha.
I can answer a question of Scotts.
I use Main In here 98% of the time. Most of the tv show is still done multi cam tape to tape betaSP. Graphics, overlay sections etc are done in T3. So I have to match colors and such.I've found it easier to match by using main in, and bypassing the proc amp and other 'circuitry' and then doing any color correction neccessary on the way out of the Toaster back to tape.

So there...

:D

Scott Bates
10-29-2003, 11:16 AM
:D Has to be there for some reason :D

Scott Bates
10-29-2003, 11:20 AM
I take it Jim that since you didn't mention it, that you're not having the audio sync problems that Lucca is? There's got to be something in his system or the wiring diagram that's not right.

Jim_C
10-29-2003, 11:39 AM
>> take it Jim that since you didn't mention it, that you're not having the audio sync problems that Lucca is?

No, not at all. Never have.
Here's a weird shot in the dark, but solved some strange audio capture problems for a guy.
Update your video drivers.
Sounds strange, but worked for him.