PDA

View Full Version : Zbrush fiber weights to LW

Axis3d
08-31-2012, 10:10 AM
In Zbrush, when you export the fiber curves to Lightwave for use, you need to convert them to polygonal strands using StrandMaker in modeler. This generates a weightmap for the fibers called "strand_weightmap". Unfortunately, this generated weightmap includes the entire fiber, instead of just the base of the fiber.

When creating fibers in Lightwave using FiberFX, a base weightmap for the fibers is automatically created, which allows for you to use them with dynamics.

Is there a way to get these fibers from Zbrush and get a weightmap on just the base of the fibers instead of the whole fiber?

DogBoy
09-01-2012, 05:25 AM
Strandmaker always makes "strand_weightmap" along the entire strand in my experience, going from 100% at base to 0% at tip. Are you saying the ZBrush derived ones are set at 100% along the whole strand?

Axis3d
09-01-2012, 12:54 PM
When Z brush exports it's curves I don't know if they have weight maps applied to them at that point. It is only after I use strand maker to convert the curves into poly chains do I get a weightmap applied. But the weight map is applied along the entire length of each fiber.

DogBoy
09-01-2012, 03:28 PM
could you post the curves object (or part of it)?