PDA

View Full Version : object snap?

sbyce
03-03-2003, 01:36 PM
Lightwave newbie (all of 2 days). In any other 3D program, cursor snap is referred to as object snaps (endpoint, midpoint, intersection, etc) the pallette/menu location of which is easily found. I've looked through the manual's table of contents and index with no mention of any such thing. The Snap Tool is something different. There must be one. Where is it? What is it called?

Epita
03-03-2003, 01:48 PM
there isnt. LW is for CGI not CAD

Epita

mattclary
03-03-2003, 02:41 PM
That's the one thing that irritates me about LW. :mad: A little anal precision never hurt any one. I chalk it up to CGI programs being written by "close enough for me" artsy types. I consider myself more of a draftsman than an artist, so kinda sucks for me...

faulknermano
03-03-2003, 11:11 PM
since this is in the general support section:

http://thespread.topcities.com/SnapSets.zip

this will help you somewhat in snapping functions.

(i avoid posting tips in the feature requests because people posting there tend to get grouchy when one offers lowly workarounds. :rolleyes: )

faulknermano
03-03-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by mattclary
That's the one thing that irritates me about LW. :mad: A little anal precision never hurt any one. I chalk it up to CGI programs being written by "close enough for me" artsy types. I consider myself more of a draftsman than an artist, so kinda sucks for me...

i'm a little of both. i do agree lw should have better snapping tools that interactive.

mattclary
03-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Excellent, Faulknermano! I'll have to try these out! :cool:

faulknermano
03-04-2003, 07:22 AM
matt, these, fyi, these sets of scripts have been out for a very long time already (about two years, i think). when in doubt, check flay.com :D