PDA

View Full Version : New 3D Model/Nurnies Packs available soon...

alvin_cgi
08-28-2012, 09:39 PM
Hi there!

You know you can NEVER have too many models!

Xpolygon would like to introduce you the new 3D Models/Nurnies packs, the project have been develop quite some time now, you can see model's render images below, or facebook http://www.facebook.com/alvin.tea.71 and http://www.facebook.com/Xpolygon

A brief of what this about: Is a collection of 3D meshes/nurnies, come in two volumes, 1 & 2. 11 categories, from Generic shape to Triangle shape etc.

4 Formats and resolutions: Lightwave, Modo, Obj and Obj triangulated and 4 resolutions, Level 0 - 4, Level 0 - low polygon count to Level 4 - high details (edge bevel) of polygons.

We try to develop products that help 3D artists increasing their quality of output, their workflow speed for their CG visualizations. Instead of costly time in development, you can have Xpolygon tailored itself to your exact CG output needs, Xpolygon provides a collection of 3D models, over hundreds models created to help you save time and money for very little price!

X Model packs are available at a reduced price during the Introductory period, will be available soon.

Thanks

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/3043/models2o.jpg

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/6232/models3.jpg

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/3200/models4g.jpg

Dexter2999
08-28-2012, 10:00 PM
Very tempting, Sir. And I don't even have use for them!

digefxgrp
08-28-2012, 11:30 PM
Hurray up and get these d++ned things out!!!

Getting tired of the "coming soon" spiel. :D

alvin_cgi
08-29-2012, 04:26 PM
Thanks, I just finishing the website now, any time soon.:D

GregMalick
08-29-2012, 05:25 PM
Some gorgeous renders there.
Which one did you use?

MentalFish
08-29-2012, 06:10 PM
I am am an instant customer, if the price is right! :)

Greenlaw
08-29-2012, 06:14 PM
Nice stuff! Looking forward to getting it.

G.

alvin_cgi
08-30-2012, 03:34 PM
Thanks.
Mostly Octane render.

Some gorgeous renders there.
Which one did you use?

alvin_cgi
08-30-2012, 03:35 PM

I am am an instant customer, if the price is right! :)

alvin_cgi
08-30-2012, 03:36 PM

Nice stuff! Looking forward to getting it.

G.

Trev.T
09-09-2012, 02:34 AM
Seems these are now available at www.xpolygon.com

Philbert
09-09-2012, 04:59 AM
Pretty neat, a lot like the free pack that's available for 3D-Coat. That's one not nearly as big though of course.

rcallicotte
09-09-2012, 07:57 PM
FYI - If you want to use these specific nurnies from Alvin commercially, it is not clear you can do so. I emailed him and this was the reply.

Thought people would want to know.

I asked (in an email to Alvin) - "Can we use these components to make models, which models could then be sold or used to make money as long as the components we buy from you are part of the model?"

Alvin answered - "Sorry, the Contents(models) must not be reproduce, reconstruct, modify or duplication for the purpose of distribution or re-sale either in whole or in part is strictly prohibited, hope you understand."

If I understand correctly, making anything with these packs will considerably limit what you can actually do with them. If this is really different than what I understand, then I hope Alvin will make that much clearer.

jeric_synergy
09-09-2012, 08:01 PM
re:limitations
But NOT what animations/renders you could make with them. Just selling geometry made with them.

IMO that's very reasonable.

GregMalick
09-09-2012, 08:35 PM
Website seems down.... what are they selling for?

rcallicotte
09-09-2012, 09:13 PM
QuadPanels sells for less and has a clearly commercial license. I'm sure you might want to not read between the lines with the Nurnies pack I see advertised here, which I think you might be doing.

From the meshweaver site -

This collection has been provided Royalty Free for Personal and Commercial use. You are licensed to use any of the objects for the purpose of detailing your own creations in preparations for production of your own personal projects.

Purchasers are free to modify and alter the objects provided in this collection to fit into their own personal requirements in the production environment be it professional or personal. No acknowledgments of credit for authoring of the individual pieces is required; although this may be left to the purchasers discretion should they wish to notify others of the origins of the detailed sections of their work that have been derived from use of this collection - again it is not compulsory.

This seems like a reasonable (and clear) license and the difference in pricing is about two-thirds this price for Quad Panels. It is $99 per pack for this one or $170 for both packs, while Quad Panels is $115 for both of his plus a free add-on.

re:limitations
But NOT what animations/renders you could make with them. Just selling geometry made with them.

IMO that's very reasonable.

alvin_cgi
09-10-2012, 12:44 AM
Hi all, I experiencing some glitches of the site, has to take it down for now till it fix, actually I was just testing the site to make sure it work correctly, sorry I should have make this notice on the site before testing. :twak:

alvin_cgi
09-10-2012, 01:01 AM
Hi rcallicatte,:)

Apology for the license confusion has cause, the limitation(models must not be reproduce, reconstruct, modify, re-sale ... strictly prohibited etc) is apply to models , not animation/render you make.

You can modify and alter the objects provided in this collection to fit into your own personal requirements in the production environment(render/animation), but not to modify and alter the objects provided in this collection for the purpose of distribution or re-sale the objects/models either in whole or in part, I believe this is very common terms and conditions for the models sold out there.

Sorry again for confusion, will need to re-wording and clearer. :)

QuadPanels sells for less and has a clearly commercial license. I'm sure you might want to not read between the lines with the Nurnies pack I see advertised here, which I think you might be doing.

From the meshweaver site -

This collection has been provided Royalty Free for Personal and Commercial use. You are licensed to use any of the objects for the purpose of detailing your own creations in preparations for production of your own personal projects.

Purchasers are free to modify and alter the objects provided in this collection to fit into their own personal requirements in the production environment be it professional or personal. No acknowledgments of credit for authoring of the individual pieces is required; although this may be left to the purchasers discretion should they wish to notify others of the origins of the detailed sections of their work that have been derived from use of this collection - again it is not compulsory.

This seems like a reasonable (and clear) license and the difference in pricing is about two-thirds this price for Quad Panels. It is $99 per pack for this one or $170 for both packs, while Quad Panels is $115 for both of his plus a free add-on.

rcallicotte
09-10-2012, 05:27 AM
Thanks Alvin. I wasn't planning to make any models for resale, but thought you might match the Meshweaver license. Nevertheless, I like the look of your models very much.

Hi rcallicatte,:)

Apology for the license confusion has cause, the limitation(models must not be reproduce, reconstruct, modify, re-sale ... strictly prohibited etc) is apply to models , not animation/render you make.

You can modify and alter the objects provided in this collection to fit into your own personal requirements in the production environment(render/animation), but not to modify and alter the objects provided in this collection for the purpose of distribution or re-sale the objects/models either in whole or in part, I believe this is very common terms and conditions for the models sold out there.

Sorry again for confusion, will need to re-wording and clearer. :)

GregMalick
09-10-2012, 01:51 PM
I'm not an attorney and both licenses seem pretty much the same to me...

Can anyone clarify what's the difference?

BTW, who in there right mind would think a modified purchased mesh is resaleable?
A person could just add a hidden vertex and then undersell the originator.
That would be crazy to allow someone to have a right to do that (or for another to expect it IMO).

rcallicotte
09-11-2012, 07:40 AM
Greg, the licenses are not even close. The only quotes I've been highlighting in bold are from the Meshweaver license. Here is this particular quote that is completely different - "the Contents(models) must not be reproduce, reconstruct, modify or duplication for the purpose of distribution or re-sale either in whole or in part is strictly prohibited, hope you understand."

Meshweaver - "Purchasers are free to modify and alter the objects provided in this collection to fit into their own personal requirements in the production environment be it professional or personal. No acknowledgments of credit for authoring of the individual pieces is required; although this may be left to the purchasers discretion should they wish to notify others of the origins of the detailed sections of their work that have been derived from use of this collection - again it is not compulsory."

As for resale value, what if you take some nurnies and build a space station. It's a space station; not a box with some nurnies on it. Then, it's a space station. Now, what can you do with it with this license? As far as I know, nothing to make money. You can't sell the model; you couldn't be paid by a company for making that model using those nurnies; you can't run it through an animation, unless he changes his site's explanation of a license.

I'm not an attorney and both licenses seem pretty much the same to me...

Can anyone clarify what's the difference?

BTW, who in there right mind would think a modified purchased mesh is resaleable?
A person could just add a hidden vertex and then undersell the originator.
That would be crazy to allow someone to have a right to do that (or for another to expect it IMO).

jeric_synergy
09-12-2012, 11:58 AM
Now, what can you do with it with this license? As far as I know, nothing to make money. You can't sell the model; you couldn't be paid by a company for making that model using those nurnies; you can't run it through an animation, unless he changes his site's explanation of a license.
This has been clarified above: of course you can RENDER AN ANIMATION. ::eyeroll::

rcallicotte
09-14-2012, 07:01 AM
Alvin has since changed his license to make it clear it can be used in production. Before this clarification, it wasn't clear. I knew ::eyeroll:: that.

This has been clarified above: of course you can RENDER AN ANIMATION. ::eyeroll::

GregMalick
09-14-2012, 06:11 PM
You know, every time I try to go to that site, it says they are having problems.
This does not bode well for risking that kind of cash on their nurnie purchasing system.

Personally, I think they should have held off on their announcement until their site was solid.

Greenlaw
09-14-2012, 11:44 PM
To be fair to Alvin, the announcement he made was that his nurnies pack is going to be 'available soon', not immediately. Also, he hasn't officially posted the link to the website yet and in post #17 he did mention that he was still testing the website.

I imagine he'll make another announcement with the official website link when it's ready. :)

G.

Skonk
09-15-2012, 04:41 AM
Seems ok purely for use on animation projects but the license would mean you couldn't for example use these as part of a model (perhaps with some poly reduction) that is intended to be used in a game I assume? since you would effectively be modifying and redistributing the models.

jwiede
09-16-2012, 04:45 AM
Alvin has since changed his license to make it clear it can be used in production. Before this clarification, it wasn't clear. I knew ::eyeroll:: that.
Not to mention that relying on someone's verbal assurances after a license has been created, but which are not stated in the license itself, puts you in pretty iffy territory. Purchase licenses generally cannot just be modified willy-nilly after the fact by either side (depends on license terms as well, obviously), and it isn't exactly "safe" to presume that later statements made apply to an already-created license agreement. In general, if you have an issue with a license, it is safest to get the license modified or clarified in writing before purchasing.

rcallicotte
09-17-2012, 11:22 AM
Thanks. All this seem like so much common sense and I appreciate someone mentioning these details of why it could be important.

Not to mention that relying on someone's verbal assurances after a license has been created, but which are not stated in the license itself, puts you in pretty iffy territory. Purchase licenses generally cannot just be modified willy-nilly after the fact by either side (depends on license terms as well, obviously), and it isn't exactly "safe" to presume that later statements made apply to an already-created license agreement. In general, if you have an issue with a license, it is safest to get the license modified or clarified in writing before purchasing.

GregMalick
09-20-2012, 11:49 AM
OK, I'm in.... just bought PAck-2

GregMalick
09-20-2012, 11:51 AM

alvin_cgi
09-21-2012, 04:58 AM

Greenlaw
09-21-2012, 09:14 AM
I'm looking through some of the files now--these are nice!

FYI, if you have only a modest internet connection like I do, expect a long download time. This isn't a complaint, it's just a head's up for what to expect. There's a TON of stuff in this collection. I'm not fully convinced I need so many format versions but when I start using these files I'll probably be glad to have them.

Anyway, thanks for making these files available Alvin! I know they're going to be useful. :)

G.

3dWannabe
10-14-2012, 12:42 PM
How do these compare to the Ultimate Nurnie Collections?

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?111302-Meshweaver-Nurnie-Collections-Quadpanels-News-amp-Special-Deals

erikals
10-14-2012, 01:15 PM
it's better to create a new thread for that i think...
Fabio does have a website with samples though...

3dWannabe
10-14-2012, 01:24 PM
it's better to create a new thread for that i think...
Fabio does have a website with samples though...

I own the Ultimate 1 & 2 collections.

I was just curious if anyone else who might have purchased both or looked at the available nurnies for both in detail could comment on the differences - especially as the XPolygon collections are quite a bit more expensive.

Seems relevant to anyone who might be interested in the XPolygon collection?

XPolygon might be willing to offer a discount to the Ultimate owners - just as the Ultimate did for QuadPanel owners?

alvin_cgi
12-04-2012, 03:59 PM
Thanks for your support. :)

I'm looking through some of the files now--these are nice!

FYI, if you have only a modest internet connection like I do, expect a long download time. This isn't a complaint, it's just a head's up for what to expect. There's a TON of stuff in this collection. I'm not fully convinced I need so many format versions but when I start using these files I'll probably be glad to have them.

Anyway, thanks for making these files available Alvin! I know they're going to be useful. :)

G.

alvin_cgi
12-04-2012, 04:03 PM
Glad you are interested xPolygon models, the pack has 1100 models(mega pack) for $169, each models sold less then 20 cents!, so I think it is a steal. :)

I remember when I decided the price under $200, they were people surprised I am selling such a low price. I was actually thinking selling them each one at Turbosquid, I think I will make more than selling them as a lot, would I? :)

Anyway, Ultimate collections is an awesome product!! Good to know that you have own them. :)

Cheers:D

I own the Ultimate 1 & 2 collections.

I was just curious if anyone else who might have purchased both or looked at the available nurnies for both in detail could comment on the differences - especially as the XPolygon collections are quite a bit more expensive.

Seems relevant to anyone who might be interested in the XPolygon collection?

XPolygon might be willing to offer a discount to the Ultimate owners - just as the Ultimate did for QuadPanel owners?

alvin_cgi
12-04-2012, 04:11 PM
Sorry guys, I am a bit lost of trace lately, a bit behind everything...:D have not able to check or answer all questions asked.

I will post a new thread to announce this anyway, but for now, just let you all know that the introductory price will end soon! If you haven’t bought the packs already, you may want to think about doing so!

So if you were on the fence about buying xPolygon's modles pack, now’s the best time to do it, before the price goes up - and although they’ll still be extremely good value for money, they will be a little more expensive.:)

Cheers all

Nanobiz
12-04-2012, 04:12 PM
Looks really good... will be my christmas present... for myself... :-)
Cheers

3dWannabe
12-04-2012, 04:26 PM
Maybe offer a discount for those who already own the 'Ultimate 1 & 2 collections'?

There's always a price where it becomes a no-brainer.

adk
12-04-2012, 05:24 PM
Sorry guys, I am a bit lost of trace lately, a bit behind everything...:D have not able to check or answer all questions asked.

I will post a new thread to announce this anyway, but for now, just let you all know that the introductory price will end soon! If you haven’t bought the packs already, you may want to think about doing so!

So if you were on the fence about buying xPolygon's modles pack, now’s the best time to do it, before the price goes up - and although they’ll still be extremely good value for money, they will be a little more expensive.:)

Cheers all

I get paid in 10 days so hopefully that offer is still around till then !

alvin_cgi
12-07-2012, 04:18 PM
Thanks. :)

Looks really good... will be my christmas present... for myself... :-)
Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the suggestion, will keep this in mind, you never know. :)

Maybe offer a discount for those who already own the 'Ultimate 1 & 2 collections'?

There's always a price where it becomes a no-brainer.

alvin_cgi
12-07-2012, 04:20 PM
Thanks. :)

I get paid in 10 days so hopefully that offer is still around till then !

jwiede
12-08-2012, 01:16 PM
The xPolygon nurnie collections are definitely worthwhile, esp. at the current pricing. I bought the MegaPack and am very satisfied with the breadth and quality of the nurnies provided, plus they're well-organized too. The provided PDF catalog is quite useful in LW, since LW lacks a content browser for easy perusal of such collections. I definitely recommend them for anyone looking to broaden their nurnie collection. You can never have "too many", IMO, I bought these without hesitation despite already having both Meshweavers' collections.

Nanobiz
12-10-2012, 03:25 PM
One low price for the whole pack would be a nice idea for christmas...

jwiede
12-10-2012, 06:17 PM
That's precisely what the Megapack is, discounted price for buying both at once.

alvin_cgi
12-14-2012, 01:00 AM
Thanks man :)

The xPolygon nurnie collections are definitely worthwhile, esp. at the current pricing. I bought the MegaPack and am very satisfied with the breadth and quality of the nurnies provided, plus they're well-organized too. The provided PDF catalog is quite useful in LW, since LW lacks a content browser for easy perusal of such collections. I definitely recommend them for anyone looking to broaden their nurnie collection. You can never have "too many", IMO, I bought these without hesitation despite already having both Meshweavers' collections.

alvin_cgi
12-14-2012, 01:03 AM
Yes, is mega pack as jwiede said :thumbsup:

alvin_cgi
12-14-2012, 01:03 AM
I'm keep forgot to post a new thread about the special price end soon... :stumped: