PDA

View Full Version : WTH? "PCore Console" error on launch

jeric_synergy
08-28-2012, 11:03 AM
Blithely launching LWM this morning, it comes up with this error (see jpg):

What the heck is this? :stumped: I didn't do anything with Python between yesterday and this morning, and LWM worked fine yesterday.

DogBoy
08-29-2012, 08:47 AM
Modeler hadn't finished starting up. Give it an extra second or 2 before trying to load something.
Had the same with Layout. No biggie.

jeric_synergy
08-30-2012, 01:40 PM
So, everybody's getting this? (I see it now in Layout too.)

Still some sorta bug, no? And why did it suddenly show up, after a couple weeks of running 11.0.3?

Note I'm not trying to load or do anything, this just appears under its own steam.

DogBoy
08-31-2012, 07:04 AM
You get one reply and it's everyone? :D
No, i never considered it a bug, unless you count my impatience to get started as a bug. I only ever get this when i try to load something to quick and LW hasn't finished loading itself into memory.

The fact you just get this makes me think you are loading a plugin or something that is causing this to pop up. Flush your configs? or turn auto-scan off?

jeric_synergy
08-31-2012, 08:51 AM
No, i never considered it a bug, unless you count my impatience to get started as a bug. I only ever get this when i try to load something to quick and LW hasn't finished loading itself into memory.

The fact you just get this makes me think you are loading a plugin or something that is causing this to pop up. Flush your configs? or turn auto-scan off?
I've turned AutoScan off, due to some issues w/an LScript stopping LW launching.

New plugin sounds likely: if only I had a change log! Nothing leaps to mind however.

Not being fluent in Python, it makes me wonder: do the scripts listed in the console not work now?

jeric_synergy
08-31-2012, 06:13 PM
This problem isn't limited to the display of the PCore console at launch: at least one other Python script (PackageScene) is failing now, that worked before.

I suspect some global Python resource got munged somehow, and this is the fallout. If you're experiencing the same console issue, you might want to try a few Python scripts to see if it's working for you.

I don't know how that might have happened, but I've been in and out of the scripts folder, but not into the scripts/Python folder.

I fear, lacking actual help, I'll have to reinstall 11.0.3 to restore whatever it is that went south. meh. :cursin: :bangwall:

jeric_synergy
09-03-2012, 08:27 PM
So, I uninstalled LW 11.0.3 and reinstalled.

I still get the same Python error in LAYOUT as depicted .

It looks like some shared file with Python utility code has gone missing. Is that likely?

Sensei
09-03-2012, 09:10 PM
So, everybody's getting this?

Not me.

jeric_synergy
09-03-2012, 10:29 PM
Not me.
heh, so far, it's Dogboy and me. So, not everyone. :(

However, I have heard of other people having trouble w/PackageScene. Whether it's functioning at all or just left out of the configs, I'm not sure.

I went back and checked 11.0.2, got the same error. It really seems like some library or *.dll (or Python analog) has gone missing. Does Python use a shared library of utility routines?

Sensei
09-03-2012, 11:12 PM
I am using Package Scene almost every day. Literally.
Usually making object, then sending to Layout.
Then setting up scene and finding out it would be nice to have it on disk. So click on Package Scene, and whole structure is made for me.. Objects are in Objects/, scene in Scenes/ etc.
I am using Package Scene as it would be "New Project" in other apps..

jeric_synergy
09-04-2012, 08:05 AM
I am using Package Scene almost every day. Literally.
I get that Sensei, it's very clear. But, as I've said, it does not work here, PLUS other people have mentioned having one or another problems with that. AND in fact I used it plenty of times in LW 11.0.0. I know it works, but it doesn't work here.

And a bunch of other Python scripts don't work here, AND I get the errors depicted above on a NEW vanilla install.

The point of the thread is to figure out why.

Sensei
09-04-2012, 08:34 AM
Apparently something is still confusing LW installation..

Restart machine. So no hub is running. Then open docs & settings and rename .NewTek to something else.
Then start again.

jeric_synergy
09-04-2012, 08:43 AM
Apparently something is still confusing LW installation..

Restart machine. So no hub is running. Then open docs & settings and rename .NewTek to something else.
Then start again.
Thanks, I'll give that a whirl.