PDA

View Full Version : loading items from scene

ecs787s
10-28-2003, 03:05 PM
I have two seperate scenes- One with a room with all the lights and everything set up, and another with my rigged character. Well, I want to import my character into the lit scene with the room, but when I do, he is way too small. Now, I want to size him up, but when I do, the goal obects stay in same place. How can I import him into the scene and make him easily customizable to fit any scene?

WizCraker
10-28-2003, 03:12 PM
This is a reason to model everything to scale. If your character is 500 mm and your scene is 1 km. I'm just making a comment on next time you model characters or scenes, model around the object that is the focus or keep everthing to real world scale. 1 m in 3d is an actaul meter in real life. If you follow this everything should be scaled correctly for animation. To answer your question someone else will have to chime in on this one.

WizCraker
10-28-2003, 03:14 PM
Just thought, it might just be easier to take your scene and shrink it down to accomadate your character size. That way you do not screw up anything on the character.

Axis3d
10-28-2003, 05:46 PM
Here's how you do it:
Add a null to your scene (the character scene). Name it something like MASTER. Then parent your character and all of the goal objects to it. Make sure you have Scene > Globals > Parent In Place turned on. This will make sure the goal objects don't snap to a new position. After the parenting is done save the scene.

Load up your room scene with all your lights set up. Then Load Objects From Scene to load your character. If you want to reposition or scale the character use the MASTER null and all the goals will follow in their correct positions.

ecs787s
10-29-2003, 08:32 AM
Thanks guys. That really helped alot. I am now ready to start animating my character. Thanks again!