PDA

View Full Version : Changing default object mesh color

heynewt
08-27-2012, 10:57 AM
Was having problems, and I trashed my cfg files. Now on relaunching LW, all my imported objects are defaulting to black wireframe (non-selected). I can change them, of course, in the Scene Editor, but I'd like the default for objects to be something other than black (and the Cam to go back to being green instead of white).

Is this only possible by editing the .cfg file itself?

Robert N.

Ma3rk
08-27-2012, 11:55 AM
Do you mean the default Sketch color perhaps? Check the "D" display options and see what's there. Otherwise, perhaps after launching Modeler. check the HUB properties although I don't see anything specific to objects in its color configs.

M.

heynewt
08-27-2012, 12:04 PM
THanks for the response, Mark. I should have said in the original post I was talking about Layout, not Modeler. In the "D" (Display) tab in Layout, I only see color choices for overlays not for the default colors of individual (non-selected) items (in case I'm missing it).

Probably a line in the .cfg file I need to change that's at 0,0,0.

gerry_g
08-27-2012, 02:13 PM
In the Scene Editor under the Colour's Tab/Button top right of panel you can set defaults to Cameras. Meshes. Lights and Bones and once set apply default (as in the custom ones you just set up), just wish I knew how to save a config for this

heynewt
08-27-2012, 02:23 PM
That's it! Thanks so much Gerry.